rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 1:27 PM

Mary,

Sue and i agreed to cook dinner on Monday night. We planned this a long time ago. from the plans I can not tell if we are still going to be monday night or not. Really want to do it together and on monday unless someone objects.  let us know,

nan

cleveland, TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Slight change in meal schedule. Realized I didn't set up a meal for room 3. Please check the schedule at the bottom.

Room Assignments:

Barbara and Kathy will be in the only bedroom on this floor.

Rooms begin with #1 being bottom second from left (1 bed for 2 people) and goes clockwise:

1 - Mimi & DH

2 - Diane, Maddie, Nan

3 - Kathy Wray, Barb Hoffman, Janice, Carolyn, Gini (1-2 nights)

4 - Sharon, Dianna, Melody

5 - Andrea, Sabrina, Juliana, Sue, Mary

6 - Susan & DH

7 - Beth & DH

Schedule:

Leaving it loose. That worked well at VB and folks who were willing to teach a technique or class just announced when and where. Those interested went for it. The bold items are pretty much set as Theresa is coming Monday to teach anyone interested in knitting, shop hop has been arranged with shops and Titanic seems to be the attraction everyone wants to see. I know in VB, we put our quilting machines and supplies in our cars early Friday afternoon so we could be out on time Saturday. That left us with little to do but hand work so I figured it would be a good time to go out for an attraction and dinner, if you all want.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast – Room 1

Breakfast – Grab & Go

Breakfast – Room 7

Breakfast – Rooms: Upstairs   & Room 3

Breakfast – Room 6

10am - Shop hop

Pack up & Check out

Knit class

Arrive after 3 pm

Settling in day

Titanic Visit

BBQ hosted by Mary & DH & Sara

Dinner – Room 2 and Sue

Dinner – Room 4

Dinner – Room 5

Dinner – Room 1

Dinner - Out? Theater? In?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Nan:

Mary,

Sue and i agreed to cook dinner on Monday night. We planned this a long time ago. from the plans I can not tell if we are still going to be monday night or not. Really want to do it together and on monday unless someone objects.  let us know,

nan

cleveland, TN

Must have missed that when I went back through posts. I fixed it. I also realized I hadn't set up a meal for room 3. You are in room 2 and you can borrow Sue from my room to help you.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I have just spent the last couple of hours going through all the posts to see who wants to do what and room with whom. I have made the below assignments. If you all want to switch with anyone, please pm one another and then let me know in PM what you decide and I will change it. I will not change it through mention in the discussion list. It's going to get very chatty here the closer we get and I may miss something so please PM me with changes.

Room Assignments:

Barbara and Kathy will be in the only bedroom on this floor.

Rooms begin with #1 being bottom second from left (1 bed for 2 people) and goes clockwise:

1 - Mimi & DH

2 - Diane, Maddie, Nan

3 - Kathy Wray, Barb Hoffman, Janice, Carolyn, Gini (1-2 nights)

4 - Sharon, Dianna, Melody

6 - Susan & DH

7 - Beth & DH

Schedule:

Leaving it loose. That worked well at VB and folks who were willing to teach a technique or class just announced when and where. Those interested went for it. The bold items are pretty much set as Theresa is coming Monday to teach anyone interested in knitting, shop hop has been arranged with shops and Titanic seems to be the attraction everyone wants to see. I know in VB, we put our quilting machines and supplies in our cars early Friday afternoon so we could be out on time Saturday. That left us with little to do but hand work so I figured it would be a good time to go out for an attraction and dinner, if you all want.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast – Room 1

Breakfast – Grab & Go

Breakfast – Room 7

Breakfast – Rooms: Room 2

Breakfast – Room 6

10am - Shop hop

Pack up & Check out

Knit class

Arrive after 3 pm

Settling in day

Titanic Visit

Dinner – Room3

Dinner – Room 4 and Upstairs room

Dinner – Room 5

Dinner – Room 1

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:40 PM

Mary, I may be misunderstanding this schedule, but I agreed to do 2 Breakfasts and have been planning accordingly, so if you want to put me in for Tuesday and Thursday.  I am an early riser and can do the casseroles for Tuesday morning and have them ready by 7:30am and then do the biscuits and gravy and eggs on Thursdayy.  Does that work for everyone?

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:51 PM

Wow, that is a really long one to use in every post, could we shorten it to Smokeys' Quiltin' Sisters?

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:29 PM

Hey Mary,

Wow have you been working hard to get everything ready.  My DH would be interested in fishing but not hunting.  He's more a book reader so I think the hunting would be out.  I am going to PM you about the meals.  Thanks again for all your hard work and organization.  It's going to be a wonderful time.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Mimi:

Hey Mary,

Wow have you been working hard to get everything ready.  My DH would be interested in fishing but not hunting.  He's more a book reader so I think the hunting would be out.  I am going to PM you about the meals.  Thanks again for all your hard work and organization.  It's going to be a wonderful time.

Not hunting...shooting. Hubby has plenty of guns and ammo if anyone is interested in going shooting. He is a member of 2 clubs. Just sport shooting, not hunting anyone or anything. The guys can chat about it Sunday night since DH will be there helping me unload and BBQing burgers and dogs.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Mary - Husbands just talked and they have planned to do the train trip on Monday.  As Mimi said, my DH is happy with his book and maybe fishing. 

Thanks for tracking the rooms and meals.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Mary - we posted at same time - maybe shooting and as you said they can discuss on Sunday

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Crazy...party of one...your table's available...

oops...was that out loud? :D

Just came home from visiting with Sara at the lodge. A few things to go over:

1. Sara's friend, Sherry, who will join us, but will stay at Sara's home nearby, will be teaching a class on starch applique. She needs to know how many would like to learn this technique so she can bring the appropriate supplies. Please indicate if you want to do the class.
  2. Sue will be teaching a Quilt As You Go class. Please pm her and let her know if you will be joining her on that one. I know I will.
  3. If you are bringing an iron, please be sure it's one that automatically turns itself off so we don't burn down the house. 
  4. Extension cords and multiplug cords would be helpful if you have one to bring.
  5. Check out time on Saturday is 10 am and we will be stripping our beds and putting our towels and sheets in the laundry area downstairs. This is not something Sara asked, but I think it would be a big help to her as she has another group coming in Saturday after 3pm so whatever we can do to help her would be appreciated.
  6. There is a laundry room for washing towels. In VB, we washed them on Wednesday for all who didn't want to go all week using the same towels. 
  7. We are going to try to use mostly rectangle or square tables. I'm bringing 3 long ones. I want to use as few of the round tables as possible so we can put our machines in a sort of U shape and be able to interact with everyone. It made for a very close group in VB. Since this room is so much bigger, we will have plenty of room but still feel like we are all one group. If anyone has any folding rectangle tables they want to bring, please feel free.
  8. I checked on the Titanic exhibit for Friday. If our group is 15 or more, it will be $24.00. It's normally $26.00 per person. There are a few restaurants around. I didn't find the Old Mill Restaurant all that unique for the price. Sara suggested one that might work out better. I will see what the cost is on it and let you know.
  9. New room assignments/meal schedule will be posted momentarily.

Soooooo excited for this retreat. Come on June!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Room Assignments have been changed a bit. I put Nan and Maddie by themselves as that might work best. If Toni comes, she will go in there with them.

Barbara and Kathy will be in the only bedroom on this floor. There is no TV in there but there is in the livingroom.

1 - Mimi & DH

2 - Maddie, Nan

3 - Kathy Wray, Barb Hoffman, Janice, Carolyn, Diana

4 - Sharon, Dianna, Melody, Nana (possibly), Gini (1-2 nights)

6 - Susan & DH

7 - Beth & DH

Schedule:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast – Room 2 & Mary

Breakfast – Kathy

Breakfast – Room 7

Breakfast–    Kathy

Breakfast – Room 6 & Mary

10am - Shop hop

Pack up & Check out by 10 am

Knit class

Arrive after 3 pm

Settling in day

Titanic Visit

Dinner – Room 3

Dinner – Room 4

Dinner – Room 5

Dinner – Room 1

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Executive decision: Smoky Mountain Mamas as we've all been mamas to someone...two or four legged...in our lives, right? Besides, the Mamas and the Papas weren't parents when they first started with that name, were they? :D They were just cool mamas and papas. :D

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:36 PM

Thank you Mary you have done an excellent job in all the details thank you

Sue D. Ohio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,460
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:48 PM

Mary

You are doing a great job with this.  It gets very confusing at times but everything will work out in the end.  I hope to be able to let you know something definite soon about whether I will be able to make it or not.  It sounds like it is going to be a great time for everyone and the area is gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 20 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use