Oh yeah Mary I'll bet that just tore you up LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Mary - What an unexpected benefit of the retreat!  Thank you again for all your hard work.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 920
txsueh replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:29 AM

Mary, I have replied privately to you email.   Thanks for contacting me.  Don't hold the place for me, the timing isn't right for this year.  Darn it!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:58 AM

Just have to let you all know that Pappy's is a great place to shop.  Everything you could possibly think of.  I go there often and love that shop.  Happy shopping.

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:06 PM

Mary ,are we gonna be the " mountain mommas " for this retreat ,we don't seem to be getting to many suggestions.. I like this name form the John Denver song , of Country Roads.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Melody - If not too much trouble and if your hens are agreeable, DH and I could use a dozen for our breakfast casserole.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Names - I keep playing with the word Smokey (could be mountain or bear) and Just haven't hit the right one yet.  Including Mountain Mommas is a good idea,

Smokey Mountain Mammas

Smokey's Quilting Mammas

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Mommas  Can't type

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Mimi and Susan - My DH has found a train excursion in Bryson City, NC and is thinking of going there when we go shop hopping,  It would be an all day trip and he wanted to know if your DH's would like to join him??

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:33 PM

Beth,

DH said sounds like fun although he is not really a train guy.  He would like to join the excursion.  Would we need to purchase the tickets ahead of time?  What would the price be?  I googled the tours and saw some of the offerings.  Would they be planning on the morning tour to the Nantahala Gorge? He also wants to go to the Tail of the Dragon while he's close.  Maybe they could all do that too? Not on the same day of course.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:40 PM

Beth, My DH would be glad to go on the train excursion. Thanks for asking!  Im sure once the guys get together they will find things to do. I know my DH would not enjoy shopping.  Susan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Mimi and Susan - Bill is going to do some calling tomorrow and will have further info. on the trip and will be able to talk more tomorrow night.  He said Dragons tail looked good also.

Susan - I will friend you wil my contact info and if you would do the same, the guys will have a way to talk.  Mimi - I still have your info.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:35 PM

I thought I was on the list?  Do you know if I can send my deposit  via paypal?

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225

Hey Ladies...I finally got my computer so that I could join in on this discussion...I've been following everything on this retreat ever since I found out about it last December.  I'm Kathy from Florida also but up near Jacksonville...a little 3-traffic-light town known as Middleburg, quiet rural-suburban area.  Close enough to quilt stores or a highway that leads to 'em but away from the hecticness of the big city.

I'm really stoked about coming up for the retreat.  And I'm sorry I haven't jumped in and chatted more (been lurking!) but I've been using my iPad and couldn't come up with a cool signature like Melody...you rock, girl! That does catch the eye :-).  We have about 30 more days left of kids at school and don't think I'm not counting down...trying to squeeze in time to finish my blocks is a challenge now but a priority as soon as school is out!  I'm kinda jammed up right now with end-of-the-year stuff but live for the discussion board and all that awesome food!!  Looks like everyone has spoken up for a meal but I'll be glad to volunteer my hands to help with whatever anyone needs. Plus I'm pretty good at cleaning up :-).  Maybe I'll bake some goodies and bring 'em up for those special times (which are all the time, right?!)

I'll have to go back and reread some of the discussions 'cause I saw a couple of things that caught my eye...someone mentioned using strips (?) for quilts...what size do I need to bring?  I've got some sweet fabric I used for quilts I made for my granddaughters that I can bring. And I'm knitting helmet liners...something like that...that we're doing here with my quilting guild.  Are we going to work on anything specific or just bring what we want to work on and enjoy the company and fun?

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. I did go to one other quilt retreat at the John Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. It was a 3-dayer and fun but has my kids say at school, this one sounds funn'er :-).

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Kathy Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE from Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225

See, Melody...told you your signature was cooler!!

Sorry about the goofy signature...the computer and I are slowly fading . . .  :-)

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Page 18 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use