Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:55 PM

Mary just a reminder that I'm a smoker so if you put anyone with me ,make sure they don't have a problem with this ,I'm also a very restless sleeper as I have terrible legs . I just needed to remind you of this . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 3:08 AM

I'm not signed up to prepare any meals, but I am willing to help with the preparations of all the meals if my help is needed. I don't really have a lot of breakfast recipes, but I make a pretty mean vegetable quiche and can whip some up one morning for breakfast. I also plan to bring an assortment of hot and cold cereals since that is what I most often eat for breakfast. 

I am bringing my laptop as well, and I also have EQ7 if anyone wants to play around with it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:18 AM

Mary, My DH and I, will gladly help with cooking meals as we love to cook. Sabrina, we will help you if you need it. Just, let me know!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:56 AM

Mary - my big sleep issue is that I snore! So I suggest my roommate (s) bring ear plugs.

Sharon

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:14 AM

I can bring fresh eggs from my chickens!! Just let me know how many dozen to bring. 

Melody

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Melody:

I can bring fresh eggs from my chickens!! Just let me know how many dozen to bring. 

Melody

Oh I love fresh eggs! Since it seems we will be having some egg dishes for breakfast, bring no more than a dozen per morning or less. Don't want to overwork your chickens! lol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Mary:

Melody:

Melody

Oh I love fresh eggs! Since it seems we will be having some egg dishes for breakfast, bring no more than a dozen per morning or less. Don't want to overwork your chickens! lol

On second thought, wear those babies out. I can make a wonderful egg salad for our lunches! lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:19 AM

Mary:

Mary:

Melody:

Melody

On second thought, wear those babies out. I can make a wonderful egg salad for our lunches! lol

Mary:

So would you say 5 dozen would be enough? 

Getting excited!!!

Melody (P.S. How do you get your signature and stuff on here?) Can't figure it out!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Melody:

Mary:

So would you say 5 dozen would be enough? 

Getting excited!!!

Melody (P.S. How do you get your signature and stuff on here?) Can't figure it out!!

5 dozen would be great if you can get the girls to lay that many for us. lol

The signature is easy. Go to the top of the page. Next to your name click on Edit and you will see a page that says Edit your profile.

Click on Site Options just below Edit your profile and you will see a place to put your signature. There are places online that will do the fancy signature for free (my name "Mary" slanted). Just save it as an image and add it to your signature space. That's it. Easy peasy.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 365
dkring replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:02 PM

Would anyone be interested in exchanging 2 1/2" strips?  Maybe pick a theme or color palette?  I recently watched a Utube of a group having a race to finish a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt.  Since I cut my left overs into this size strip decided to make one.  Super easy and quick.  I mostlly make quilts for ET Project Linus so I would like kids prints or bright colors.  Or if you have a few you would like to bring to donate they would be cheerfully excepted. 

Dianna

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:31 PM

I don't have stips but I am bringing fabric for anyone who wants it and I do have some kid prints in it plus I think they are 6 x 12 pieces of football fabric.

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:33 PM

Oh, how I love fresh eggs.  I am doing a high protein egg casserole one morning and while my usual is to use eggbeaters,, if you have an extra 16 eggs, I can do it with fresh eggs...yummy!

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:35 PM

I think Mary said I could room with you and I do not mind smoking as my husband is a smoker, but I don't think we can smoke inside the cabin, can we?  Anyway I get up 3 or 4 times every night to go to the bathroom, so we could be restless together:)

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:39 PM

Thanks Beth, I just threw down my cane and said "Iam going to do this on my own"  but I still limp badly...I wish I had never had it done but they tell me, now, that I need to give it about a year:(

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:48 PM

Kathy ok that sound great I just didn't want to put anyone in an awkward position since I'm such a restless sleeper. I will be happy to share a room with you .I'm also a TV watcher so I hope this will not bother you if we have them in the rooms .and no I do not smoke inside . I am a courteous smoker. Your new roomie ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 15 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use