Civil War ,Block of Month , 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 71 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:58 PM

Barbara Brackman is posting a new free Civil War BOM  Called  "Dixie Diary" . if any of you are intrested in doing this ,please post your pictures here. the first one is" Her Flag Flying ".This was a simple block to do and the history that ,came with it was wonderful ,Have fun .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Barbara,  are you making the 8 inch blocks or the 12 inch blocks?

Jenn

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
The most delightful story was with this block! I have to wait because I want to do it in the metropolitan fair pinks and browns.

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:33 PM

Hey Barbara,

thanks for giving us a place for this. I love your block.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:57 PM

Jenn,I'm doing the 12 in  blocks . I like the bigger quilts. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:58 PM

Kris ,your welcome .  and thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

I'm puzzled by this. Are these blocks in EQ7, Blockbase?  She does refer to using EQ but I can't find the block by any name in EQ7. It's a simple block that doesn't look like a problem to create it myself in EQ7 but I was just wondering.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Never mind, I found the answer on her blog. I just didn't read far enough.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy T It took me awhile to figure out how BB site worked and for that matter finding the block. But once I found everything I was okay. I am having trouble tracking down the fabrics she is using, pinks and tans from her line. I usually do my own thing but on this one I really want to use Metropolitan Fair. I found a place that had quite a number of them but can't remember where it is lol. If I have to I will write her a note and see what happens.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:07 AM

Mel,I decided not to use that fabric she is using for the blocks ,I was not that fond of it . I have enough CW fabric that I can just do a scrappy .which I like better ,now that's just me.  LOL   . I did find some pink fabric in my stash that would work and I may do a couple of the blocks with it .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, I thought about scrappy since I seem to go that direction whether I want to or not. LOL But decided to see how many of the Metro line I could find and have managed to find all but one! Too much quiet time! LOL. I do think I'll order it, will sleep on it first. My CW fab is in Raytown, there in lies the problem! Oh well, I have Snowmen blocks to make!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I am going to have to check out. I don't have much CW fabric as the only one I'Ve done was a miniature quilt. No left over fabric. When I get home today I'll have to look at it.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Is there a way you can just print off the pattern without all the story from her email? I am so computer illiterate that I can't figure it out. Can someone  help?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I think I'm with Kris, I want to print off the pattern but will do it later, after some UFO completions.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

MelodyP MO/KS:
Judy T It took me awhile to figure out how BB site worked and for that matter finding the block.

I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to making these blocks but I'll save each one into a EQ7 project for "someday". I hope the rest of them are also found in her Building Blocks designs. It makes it easier for me, then I can easily make them any size or test various fabrics before actually making it.

Page 1 of 5 (72 items) 12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use