Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

As our quilting life goes on, broading our abilites is how we progress. I will learn to do this. Someday.

Atta girl, Sukochi. I know you can do this. Pleas don't think I am dogging you. I am just encouraging you to try new things. I know some things are very daunting at times. I hope hubby gets well soon.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 10:42 AM

Did skip the August block. Then got into a hornet's nest with the block that, for the rest of you will be the Sept. block. I have sewn and frogged until I will soon need to cut fabric again. I have never done anything like this one. It is tough. Every time I think I finally got it,  it's wrong. I can't figure out what I keep doing wrong. I am speaking of the 2nd step. HELP! But I will prevail!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Did skip the August block. Then got into a hornet's nest with the block that, for the rest of you will be the Sept. block. I have sewn and frogged until I will soon need to cut fabric again. I have never done anything like this one. It is tough. Every time I think I finally got it,  it's wrong. I can't figure out what I keep doing wrong. I am speaking of the 2nd step. HELP! But I will prevail!

Which one are you referring to?  Are you making the Southern Star?  The instructions in the book are not very detailed and can be confusing.

I finished Block 4, Memory Wreath and had a heck of a time keeping my brain straight on what went where. Maybe this is the one you're working on? I finally scanned the block picture and labeled each piece B light, B medium, B dark, etc. Here's the block

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:12 PM

Judy, my problem is the Memory Wreath. I am having a dickens of a time with the sewing the B triangles together. My triangles are the right size so all I can figure is that I am not sewing them together right. Last night, I finally just threw all the triangles in the air and stomped out. Awful. How childish!!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 5:26 PM

Judy looks good , I have not worked on mine yet , will get to it when I get back from Retreat.  I can see where it looks like a challenge 

Sukochi, when it get to be like that you just have to walk away for awhile . I do it to ..Take a deep breath and try it later.., Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 2:18 PM

Ever have a "DUH!" moment in quilting? I went into the sewing room, sat and looked at the direction picture and all of a sudden, it clicked. How could I have been so lame.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 6:50 PM

Sukochi, happens to all of us sometimes. Don't be to hard on yourself ..  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:42 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I finished Block 4

Very nice Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Thanks Kris. I'm enjoying this project. No hurry, do as time allows, no deadlines. Lovely.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:54 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks Kris. I'm enjoying this project. No hurry, do as time allows, no deadlines. Lovely.

Very nice block Judy,wonderfuful choice of colors. Good thing about the no deadline thing as I've not started mine yet.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Calico Cottage is having a sale on Civil War fabrics

http://www.thecalicocottagequiltshop.com/category/Civil_War_Reproductions/c212#.UDZ5JNaPVSQ

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 2:42 PM

Bought a bit, Judy. Thanks for the heads up.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 5:27 PM

I got the e-mail too and ordered some FQ's. They had some real pretty stuff.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Bonita:

I got the e-mail too and ordered some FQ's. They had some real pretty stuff.

I wish that's all I ordered!  I went a bit nuts and bought yardage. I could have bought lots more but came to my senses before I totally broke the bank.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy T-Bellingham I love this shop! Thanks for sharing, they have good stuff!

MelodyP

Page 9 of 21 (302 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use