Our first project ,and easy one

rated by 0 users
This post has 108 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 1:54 PM

Jacy, so cute. This is fun. However, i am tired of trying to come up with all these blocks for the crazy doll quilt. Might put it aside and do another for now. I found an old mag I have from 1998. Miniature Quilts. Has some great patterns in it.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:23 PM

Jacy I love it , your fabric is beautiful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 2:24 PM

Judy ,the Hexagons quilt came out so pretty . I think you will have a really pretty quilt when they are all done .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Hi Judy,

Your doll quilts are both so cute!  I admire the hexagons that you did by hand.  I haven't even aspired to try that yet.  LOL  Nicely done! :-)

Karla in CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Hi Jacy,

Wow, what a wonderful little qulit!!  An awesome stash buster, too.  Nicely done!  Thank you for sharing.

Karla in CO

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Jacy, I love your doll quilt.  I can't wait until I can work on mine.  I think I am going to hand piece and hand quilt mine.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Judy what a cute hexagon flowers quilt.  Your quilt will be amazzing.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 9:55 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I finished the top for my second doll quilt top. It's the Hexagon Flowers doll quilt on the right.

Judy, your hexagon flowers turned out so cute. They look really great especially considering how tiny those hexagons were, You did GOOD!!!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

Thanks Jacy. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the hand work. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Sat, Nov 26 2011 2:06 PM

Hello Everyone

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a quiet dinner at my sister-in-law's house.  Hubby was able to enjoy a little of it, but not pain free.

We will find out on Wednesday the results of the biopsies they took last Friday.  

Because of all of this, have not spent hardly anytime at my sewing machine.  Have been making some Red Work Angel blocks since they are hand sewn.  Not sure what I will do with them, but have been using the "twilling" stitch and have actually been using red crochet #10 thread.  I will post a picture of it later.

Since I figure I will be spending more time in the family room with my hubby, decided also to give the hexagon flower quilt a try.  I just printed out a  grid sheet of patterns so I can try the English Paper Piecing method.  I have never done that, so figure now is a good time to learn since it will be so portable to take to where ever I am sitting.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and I will continue to check in periodically to let you know I am still here.  By the way, the doll quilts you have all made are so pretty.  These have inspired me to make one for each of my granddaughters.

Candy in Norborne MO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 26 2011 6:56 PM

Candy , I so gald you are doing the twilling ,I took my class and I have been using it ever since . Will look foward to seeing what you do with both the red block and the dool quilt. 

Please keep us informed about hubby , glad you all had a good thanksgiving .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Sat, Nov 26 2011 9:25 PM

Hi Barbara

Well, I just googled twilling and found an online video of how to do it.  I didn't have any shanks of thread like what you purchased for yours, so I just took a ball of my red crochet thread and I traced onto my material one of Fons and Porters Country Angels that they have in one of their books for applique, and well, here she is.

So this is my first try at it.  My stitches still need some work, but the more I do, the more even they become.

Candy in Norborne MO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 26 2011 11:38 PM

Candy it looks great , I'm still working on my stitches to learning to get them even, it does seem to get better with pratice. this project is really wonderful ..barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 27 2011 10:10 AM

Just a reminder to everyone , pleas post your pictures in the media section and in the thread for pictures, It makes it much easier to look at them and for other to make their comments . thanks everyone . you have all been doing a great job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:43 AM

October birthday block..... Sabrina Anothny. Get thos fat 1/8's in the mail.

Sukochi

Page 7 of 8 (109 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use