General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 90 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:26 AM

Hi group ,hope you all had a great Christmas .  Have any of you sign up to the Civil War Sampler on the Craftsy  Site?  this is being done by Kay England . It is another great sampler .I have this class and thought it might be a good one for us to do .Let me know . there is no book to buy and we can do this with our stash . All yo would need to do is pay for the class .. and I think they are on sale right now .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Barbara:
Have any of you sign up to the Civil War Sampler on the Craftsy  Site?

Barbara, I'm signed up for one called Re Piecing the Past with Kay England. Is this the same one? It's another class I signed up for but haven't done anything with. Perhaps I'll take a look at it. Would enjoy doing this as a group. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 10:55 AM

Gee Judy ,I'm not sure I may have the worng title .I'll have to check . Yes Judy that is the title repiecing the past .I had the worng title .I to think it would be alot more fun to do as a group ..  I hope we have other gals that would like to do this as well . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Barbara:
I hope we have other gals that would like to do this as well . Barbara

I have to laugh. I got up this morning and am working on Step 6 of Easy Street. On the other end of my cutting table are pieces I'm cutting out for Civil War doll quilts. Plus on another table, the Borderland Butternut project. In bins are the beach scenes paper piecing project and in another bin the Vintage Tin project. Not even counting the dozen other partially completed projects and several patterns I'm playing with in EQ7.

So what do I do? Take on another one.  Sure, I'll work on the Craftsy project with your group. Why not. 

I think I need an intervention. I suspect most of us need, but don't want,  ;~} , an intervention. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:44 PM

Judy ,yeah I could use one of those myself LOL ,I have so many projects going ,I just pick one a day to work on ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:03 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I think I need an intervention. I suspect most of us need, but don't want,  ;~} , an intervention. 

Judy,

you don't even want to know what's going on over here. LOL

I made a list of all my started projects (not counting kits and BOMs I haven't opened) and lets just say I could be busy for years with those.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Judy, you did Easy Street this year?  I'm printing out the steps but won't start on it for awhile yet.  I still have last year's mystery to finish, not to mention all the other UFO's. However, I've used the Union Star pattern from the Civil War Sewing Circle ( I believe that was a recommended book here when the group first started) for a few of the birthday blocks recently and absolutely love how that block has turned out. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410

Jennsquilts:
udy, you did Easy Street this year?  I'm printing out the steps but won't start on it for awhile yet.  I still have last year's mystery to finish, not to mention all the other UFO's. However, I've used the Union Star pattern from the Civil War Sewing Circle

Jenn, I am doing Easy Street. It really is an easy one this time which seems to be unusual for Bonnie.

I have done a few of the doll patterns from Civil War Sewing Circle book.  I'm in the process of putting them all together into one quilt. Since they aren't the same sizes I'm filling in with star or log cabin blocks. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:36 PM

Barbara et al,

Barbara Brackman will be hosting another free BOM on her blog starting Jan 5th.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 3:36 PM

thanks Kris ,I was not aware of this as I haven't read my email today .LOL I check it out  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

How do you sign up for the Craftsy project?  I haven't been there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:12 PM

Elaine here is the craftsy web site .

www.crafsty.com

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 365,977
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:26 AM

Fabric requirements for Brackman's new BOM are up. She'll be posting the first blocks today. They'll be two sizes and there are two different quilt layouts.

I'll be downloading but not sure if I'll be sewing.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:33 AM

Barbara, Are you still going to do Piecing the Past with Kay England on Craftsy ???  Im already signed up for her class and would like to do it with you.   Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,210
Susan replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:37 AM

OOPS, Repiecing the Past,it is.     Susan

Page 1 of 7 (91 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use