Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I like that some of you are adding some red into the mix. It brightens up the quilt. I may have to think about that as well. I think i have some madder red fabric somewhere.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 7:37 PM

Thanks Elaine,I had the size all worng sorry aobut that. I have no idea why I thought 13 in .I'm going to have to redo ,my last block or maybe I'll just add a border to it.I don't know yet.  I like the red myself ,and I think it will really make the quilt llok good .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Elaine, call Leslie at Stitch On in Lawrence. She remembers when you and Barbara came to Lawrence to shop, and I thought I had lost my credit card. I could not believe she remembered me but she is a sweet heart and will do whatever she can to help. So she may have madder red.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, did you say you made templates on the Kansas trouble? Mine is just wonky!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:10 PM

Mel,No I didn't use them on that block .the last two have had normal cutting with no odd shapes so I didn't have to use them.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barb thanks! I'm trying to decide whether to just redo the block or start over.

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:16 AM

Is this project based off a book you have to purchase? Man I wish I was retired comfortably lol. I think I might have to start my ROTH IRA at work so I won't be so hard pressed when I retire but waiting to make sure finances can handle it. Tell me more about this project so I can decide if I want to jump in on this one.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:03 PM

Yes Carey. The book is called "Borderland in Butternut & Blue" by Barbara Brackman.

According to the book cover it's "a sampler quilt to recall the civil war along the Kansas/Missouri border."

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:42 PM

Carey the book can be pruchased from Amazon and they do have used copies that are alittle cheaper, I can't post any instrucions due to not having permission to do so. I tried to locate  a email address for Ms. Brackman  but I couldn't find it . I did look . We would love to have you join us but until I can get permission from the authors we have to buy the books . Sorry . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:57 PM

I have been following this progress and  looked for the book. Amazon is sold out, I guess you all got them first.. LOL  I looked into the three (3) library systems here big too and no one carries it, wasn't TEXAS  in the history on the Civil War?? Anyhoo Houston, Pasadena and Brazoria county don't have it in the catalogs. SO I was wondering if the book warrants another $30 to possibly frustrate me?? Your finishing block sizes are making me want to make the memory wreath. do you suppose that one of you might send me a list of cutting for that block? I don't even have a single piece of reproduction fabrics in any period, but I can just try the pattern.
Thanks, I'm curious.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:14 PM

Caryl Anne I'm sending you a PM .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I just came from the blog spot Barbara Brackman's MATERIAL CULTURE she is showing her new fabric line today and it is just gorgeous. I have many of those colors so the period is the prints? is that right? I see paisley, fans and leaves. she even has some big prints. Humm maybe I will work harder to do this project.
here is a link to the pickle dish store for the book .
Barbara here is the contact information info@pickledish.com thanks for doing this.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:13 AM

Barbara:

Carey the book can be pruchased from Amazon and they do have used copies that are alittle cheaper, I can't post any instrucions due to not having permission to do so. I tried to locate  a email address for Ms. Brackman  but I couldn't find it . I did look . We would love to have you join us but until I can get permission from the authors we have to buy the books . Sorry . Barbara

Barbara,

I doubt we'll get permission to do something that helps to avoid purchasing the book.

That "Farmer's Wife Sampler" author was pretty ticked off when people did that with her book even though most people bought the darn thing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:44 AM

Thanks Kris I was really kinda afraid that would be an issue , Which is why I just stick with buying the book, but it does make it hard for folks when they can't get it  who want  to take part. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Caryl Anne, the public library looked for me a while back and it was totally unavailable, strange. That's why I bought mine.

MelodyP

Page 15 of 21 (302 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use