Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:17 AM

Thanks Mel ,I hope to get back to mine here soon .once the retreat is over and my guild quilt show is finished . then I'm free to work on all my own stuff again. LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, I'm trying to get ahead to at least the end of the year so I can work on my stuff. LOL I thought if we carry on it would be a good thing. Give you some time. A rare commodity. LOL

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I finally uploaded pictures of what I have done. I think I'm still behind, though. Does any one know right off hand which block we are on?

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

MelodyP MO/KS:
I finally uploaded pictures of what I have done. I think I'm still behind, though. Does any one know right off hand which block we are on?

Melody, I haven't kept track. I've finished #7 Missouri Star, which I just posted, and have selected the fabrics for #8 Crosses and Losses.

I really like your blocks, your fabrics are lovely.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy, I 'm within finishing distance of the CW quilt I've been working on and that's been my main focus. I am so ready to be done with it. I'll just keep plugging along then with these BB blocks. Thanks for the compliment. Your are really amazing. In fact I admire all the work you have done and have enjoyed it. Have you found the fabric for your boarder yet? I have looked and looked for fabric similar to the 13 block quilt w/ the applique on it but haven't found anything close. Have a good evening. Melody

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

MelodyP MO/KS:
Have you found the fabric for your boarder yet? I have looked and looked for fabric similar to the 13 block quilt w/ the applique on it but haven't found anything close.

Melody, I do like that fabric in the 13 block layout but will wait until I have the blocks completed. I still have 6 more to go. There is a quilt shop in town that carries quite a bit of CW fabric. Are you going to make the extra applique blocks?
Well, it's 6am and we're getting ready to head over to Leavenworth to hassle the retreat ladies a bit.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy, Making 13 blocks is my plan. Have fun.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Hey Guy's, I went back to try and figure out when this started, not that it matters, but...... I think it was June or July. I just know it was HOT when we shopped for the first fabrics to start. That and a nickle will buy you nothing!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

I finished block 8, Crosses and Losses. This was a quick and easy block. Nice to have one of those now and then.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:44 PM

Judy T., you are so far ahead of me!!! I haven't  finshed block 3 (your block 4) yet. I sure wish I could get to feeling better so I could get in there again.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Judy T., you are so far ahead of me!!! I haven't  finshed block 3 (your block 4) yet. I sure wish I could get to feeling better so I could get in there again.

Oh, LaJuan honey, it's not a race. There are lots of projects I really plod along on but this one has captured my attention so I am enjoying working on it.

You just take care of yourself and get to feeling better.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,639
Points 65,305
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:24 PM

Very pretty Judy. I really like the red you used.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

Thanks Bonita. I'm going to have to use that red in a couple more blocks to balance everything out. It rather overpowers otherwise. But it is a pretty fabric.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Judy T this is spectacular! I think I like this one the best!

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

MelodyP MO/KS:
I think I like this one the best!

Thanks Melody. I kind of wish I'd used this red in some of the earlier blocks. I don't always think ahead enough as I'm so anxious to dig in and sew! (patience has never been my virtue). But I'll use it in some of the other 5 blocks and/or perhaps do a couple of the project applique blocks and use the red.

Page 11 of 21 (302 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use