Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:02 AM

This shop is where I buy most of my Civil war fabric and I have not been disappointed ,I get the sale fabric and it is very good .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Hi Guys, I have been quiet but not idol. I have been working on a full size quilt out of homespun for the last 9 mo. I am finally coming down to the final stage. The blocks are 15" set together with 5" sash. I have decided to quilt as I go a row at a time. I have to do this while at home. This is where I have room. So forgive me for falling behind on Birthday and Boarderland and Blue blocks but I want to get this done before Oct. I will take a pic to show you all when I get it done.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:38 PM

Melody, you go girl. Long as we get a peek at the finished product. You can always catch up later. It is taking me two months to get one month block done.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:30 PM

Melody, thanks for the update, can't wait to see it .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

I love the blocks in the Borderland Butternut and Blue book. But, if I had one issue it would be that she doesn't give square up dimensions. Most patterns do give dimensions of each section of a block. I guess she figures we should be sewing correct seams and not have issues with weird sizes?

Not a complaint, more a comment as I'm really enjoying this project. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 4:21 PM

Judy, could just be my sewing seam allowences but the two I have finished so far have been about 14-1/4 ". If they say the finished size of the block is 14" then I guess you square them to 14"  I thought they said the finished size of the block. Kinda have been taking quilting holiday right now. But, I will be back at it Tues. I hope. I know I won't feel like it tomorrow after Church. Unless I could do this colonoscopy prep and put my sewing machine on a TV table in front of the toilet. Hmmmm....how to get to the ironing board.?  ; 0

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
the two I have finished so far have been about 14-1/4 ". If they say the finished size of the block is 14" then I guess you square them to 14" 

You need to square them to 14-1/2".  14" finished means after you've joined all the 14-1/2" blocks together.  I seem to always be about 1/4" short no matter what I do.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 9:16 AM

I will have to check this out JUdy as I have not squared mine up yet.  So far really haven't had to . but I 'm gald yo mentioned this . Thanks

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Guys I am back in the Land of Oz ( Kansas) and first on my list of to do is LaJuana's block, then Barbara's. As soon as the batting arrives, I'll get back to the quilt. Mom is asleep so I'm Golden, Ha ha

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Sukochi and Barbara, I have not forgotton about your blocks.  The last couple of months have been rough months and I just haven't gone into the sewing room.  We had to put my husbands dog to sleep today as he was so sick he could not even stand up.  The vet could not give us any real answers or hope that he would survive and we could not watch him suffer anymore.  This is just one month and two days after my dog died.  My goal ist to get back into the sewing room this week.  i am sorry that it is taking me so long to get these block to you but they are coming.

Margaret

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 3:48 PM

Oh, Margaret, this is just heart breaking. When we lose our furry family members it just cuts our heart. I am so sorry. Don't worry about this. Your healing from this pain is more important. Thanks for telling me.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Margaret, Pets are family and take priority. I am so sorry about your loss and the horrible rescission you had to make. Time will help the hurt but you will miss them for a long time. We just went through this about two months ago and I still stop myself from calling Darby. I want to cry just telling you about her. Take care.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:13 PM

Margaret, that is so sad , I'm good ,you just get to it when you can,  Life happens . and I know it will be done ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Hi Guys, I got back on the Butternut and Blue quilt. Have had block 3 partially done for weeks and finally finished it. Moved back to block 2, Indian Plumb(?). It has been challenging keeping up with the triangles direction. It will be done this morning, I hope. I have a plan for the next block, the Death Wreath, and will keep moving on. A lot will depend on my sewing machine. It has decided to act it's age, 30 which has to be 90 in people years. Hope it will hang in there. New machine is not on the top of the Need list. I will get pictures later today and post them.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Hi again Block 3 is the Southern star and Block2 is the Indian Plumbe. The 4th star is Memory Wreath not death Wreath. Thought I'd better call them by their proper names. LOL. Melody

MelodyP

Page 10 of 21 (302 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use