Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, July was not a good month for me, life threw me a lot of curves! But I am home and am making good progress. Going to LQS this morning and am planning to work on getting b'day blocks and Butternut and Blue blocks done. I do HATE being this far behind!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:03 AM

Melody, good ,I'm just checking  in to see how everyone is doing , No big hurry ,I need to get  Sukochi block done ,myself ,think I'll get to it this weekend. those darn Olympics have me all distracted.LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,705

Barbara:

Laides  How are all of you doing with your blocks ? Have not heard or seen anthing from you in a while . NO pressure just checking. Barbara

Morning Barbara. I did make block 3. When I looked at it all I saw were curves and figured it would be a nasty bugger to make. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. George was looking at the book and he saw where she'd printed the stories off on fabric for the backing. I have done research on my hubby's family history and they fought on both sides of the Civil War including his great grandfather, Samuel Humberstone, a Mississippi River Boat captain that supplied the North armies. So, I will put stories of my husbands families on the back.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:51 AM

Judy ,I love your block ,it came out beautiful and the fabric you used is awesome. That is so exciting that you have all found that history on your family. will make for a great heirloom for family . I have no idea if anyone in my family fought in the CW . I know little about my father as my parents divorced when I was very young. I didn't get to meet my father ,but I did meet some of my half brothers and sisters back in 1996 . but after my uncle bill passed away no one stayed in touch. Sad really .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:52 AM

That looks great Judy, I love the fussy cut to show off the little flowers.

I have July's block made, just haven't posted this yet. I haven't even looked at this one yet. I'm in the middle of a scrap squad quilt that is sucking all my quilting time. It has a bunch of paper piecing and is time consuming.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:57 AM

Jacy, that's ok  I can understand your time being used up on one project, but we do love your quilts when you are finished.  I just wnated to see how everyone was doing. so no big  hurry .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:44 PM

Barbara, I am working on it. I hate HST and spend more time frogging then sewing. I  have one more row to go and it will be done.  Patience is a virtue. I can tell you right now, I WILL be skipping the third one.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,705

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Barbara, I am working on it. I hate HST and spend more time frogging then sewing. I  have one more row to go and it will be done.  Patience is a virtue. I can tell you right now, I WILL be skipping the third one.

LaJuan. I was going to skip block 3 also. But I'm glad I didn't. It's not nearly as bad as it looks. Give it a shot.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:31 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I WILL be skipping the third one.

Sukochi, since there are thirteen blocks, skipping this hardest one will still give you 12 blocks, still a great number of blocks for a quilt. You might get a little more confident as you go along too, you could always try this block later after you've made the others.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:17 PM

Pretty block Judy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:25 AM

I  don't know why I am so reluctant to stretch my abilities. I should try this.

Right now, I am surrounded by chaos. With this new flooring, we basically have to re-do the whole house. Furniture everywhere, stuff everywhere. Perhaps, I will wait until all the chaos is gone then attempt this.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, I too am watching the Olympics. Did a lot of sewing Tuesday, Wednesday. but shopped for fabric yesterday and tried to sew but discovered I had left a small bag in Lawrence with stuff I need to finish getting caught up. Oh well, it will be there when I go back a week from Saturday. Working on third block for the Butternut and Blue. There is a good supply of Butternut color fabric at the Quilter's station in Lee Summit.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 10:58 AM

Melody thanks that is good info to know,I have never been to the shop in lee summit . maybe someday.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

The Lee's Summit Quilt shop is awesome. You should go there. I haven't been for a long time, since they moved to their new location 2 yrs ago. I worked today, and my machine was there from being cleaned and checked while I was on vacation, so I paid the bill mid day, and also bought fabric for the applique swap, and lo and behold, I walked out of the shop tonight and forgot it!! Now I have to drive back into Topeka tomorrow to get my machine. I have been only half here all day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:07 AM

Elane sounds like someting I would do LOL  Blame it on a VACATION HANGOVER  teehee ..Barbara  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 5 of 21 (302 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use