Borderland Butternut and Blue Project

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS Posted: Fri, May 25 2012 11:27 AM
Barbara and Elaine I have had my nose in my book and have decided that I will do my quilt in honor of the Confederate, regardless of how mislead ; D, they may have been. So staying true to the time, the colors will be common and not frilly. There is only one piece of fabric I am glad I bought but it will not go into this quilt. As soon as we know which block we are starting with, I will let Candy know so she will be able to play with us. She isn't always able to jump on the sight. I am still pumped about this project and eager to begin. Elaine Keep Talkin' to Mary about joining us!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

Melody, I'm glad you got your book. And yes, I will work on Mary to join our group. I know she will love it when she does. I will tell her you all loved having her with us Wed.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Elaine, good. Someday, I will get to the shop at Oak Grove and will hope your there.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, May 27 2012 12:21 PM

Melody gald tjo hear you recieved your book makes it mush easier to figure out what your going to do .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Barbara, it certainly does. I ready to go as soon as you say. Hope you are enjoying yourself! MelodyP

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sun, May 27 2012 8:43 PM

Barbara, finally got the book as well. I'm ready to start when you are. I think I'm gonna do a scrappy version of this quilt so I can use the fabric I have.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Sabrina, Although Ihave purchased fabric, I prefer the scappy look. So I too will be doing a scrappy quilt. MelodyP

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Mon, May 28 2012 12:11 AM

I'm using what I have too, so mine will be scrappy also. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:12 PM

Hi everyone ,I'm Back form Thea's had a awesome time. while I was there. I see no problem with y'all doing your quilts scrappy, I think they will be beautiful, I guess in a way they all will be scrappy in a way . I'm using some fabric I already have as well ,so it will make for some great quilt's . I"m setting a start date on June 1st ,but you can start any time you want ,as you know this is a BOM so there is no hurry ,I want us all to enjoy, not be rushed.  Post pictures as you go so we can see how the blocks look and if you run across any tips lets us all know . Just have fun.  Look forward to seeing what everyone does.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
YEAH!!!!!!!

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

My book arrived today, finally. Been worried that y'all would start without me.  I almost had a heartattack when I first started thumbing through it - lots of templates in there!  But I calmed down when I realized there were rotary cutting instructions too. Just don't do templates - yucky. ;-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, May 30 2012 6:24 AM

Jenn, templates aren't that hard ,and I do use them ,sometimes I find they work better .but that is just my opinion, I think she has put in instructions for both. Gald you got your book . Just remember this we are doing monthly so you will have pleanty of time to get a block done.  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Jenn, I am glad you got your book. I have taken a copy of the pattern and glued it to the template material ie cardboard to ensure accuracy. Sounds archaic but it works very well. It's the way it use to be done, without the computer copy, of course ; D

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:52 AM

Hey Melody ,gotta do what ever works the best for you , I'm hoping to start working on mine here this week sometime ,lol  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:25 PM

Got my book and ready to go. Will look through my fabrics to see what I have......but hope to have to buy MORE!!  Do we start with the first pattern in the book?. What a fantastic book it is, too. DH had his nose in it for quite awhile. He thinks it is so interesting. This will be SO much fun.

Sukochi

Page 1 of 21 (302 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use