Our first project ,and easy one

rated by 0 users
This post has 108 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Hi Candy,

Oh, that is such an adorable doll quilt!!!  Just love the scrappy look by using all those wonderful fabrics.  Nicely done!  Thanks so much for sharing with us. :-)

Karla in CO

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Barbara:

Hi all .I am a member of this craftsy group thath does all the tutriorals by Jenny Doan and others they have this new thing going on thath I'm allow to share with my group .So you all may wnat to check it out ..Barbara

http://craftsyquiltingdeals.com/a7fxn

Thanks Barbara, I just signed up. :-)

Karla in CO

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:38 PM

Karla, you are welcome I thought it was pretty good idea.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 7:51 AM

Jacy, I want to welcome you to the group. we here are very laid back and everyone is allowed to share ideas and information to help us all out , gald to have you join us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 4:27 PM

for all members I'm planning on doing a CW swap over in the fabric swap for next year ,I will be posting it in December so I'm giving you all a heads up . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:22 PM

Barbara:

for all members I'm planning on doing a CW swap over in the fabric swap for next year ,I will be posting it in December so I'm giving you all a heads up . barbara

Hmmm....sounds interesting.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:06 PM

First, thanks for all the kind words for my doll quilt top.  It was easier than I thought.  I have only been learning to piece blocks for about a year now.  I haven't got anything "quilted" yet, but I am sure having fun making the blocks and tops.  LOL

I am very excited to learn that you are going to do another CW swap this next year Barbara.  I still haven't done anything with the material from the last CW swap yet.  I am still thinking about what to do with all those different squares.  Perhaps the CW swaps could be color themed maybe?  Like blue and gray, or maroon and tans, or something along those lines?  I have one book that talks about using Butternuts and Blues.  Just an idea.

Just for those of you who are prayer warriors, my DH will have the biopsy of the 'omental metasticies"  nodules Friday morning.  They are also going to draw some of the fluid off from around his liver and spleen,  He finally broke down and called his son this evening who will be at the hospital with me that morning.  Regardless of what they find, please pray that we will have some definite answers so we can at least have a plan of attack.  It is the not knowing that makes it hard to cope.  He has lost another 7 pounds this week.  Thanking you all in advance. 

Candy in Norborne MO

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:22 PM

Candy , you are both in my thoughts and prayers . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Candy, thoughts and prayers going out to you and your husband.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Candy, we'll all be with you in spirit.  Praying that "plan of attack" emerges - having an idea of what to do next definitely goes a long way.  Keep us updated!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Nov 17 2011 11:51 AM

Candy, Prayers go out to you both. May Gdd shelter you both with his love and healing power.  Never give up. Never lose faith. We are hare for you, always. ((hugs))

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 11:56 AM

I finally got my doll quilt done. Been wanting to get to it but too many other projects going on!

It's a little smaller than the one in the book, I had 1 1/2" scraps I wanted to use. 12"x15"

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,100

Jacy:
I finally got my doll quilt done.

Jacy. I love the fabrics you used. It's beautiful. I thought this pattern might be the next one I do after I finish the Hexagon flowers doll quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,100

I finished the top for my second doll quilt top. It's the Hexagon Flowers doll quilt on the right. Took me a bit of time because I hand stitched those hexagons. I changed the border a bit from the pattern.  The one on the left is the first Scrap doll quilt.  

The other photo is the first one I did which I'd posted. Eventually I THINK these doll quilts will make one big quilt,with a bit of manipulating the sizes.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 20 2011 1:49 PM

Judy, you may be starting a new craze in quilting. Everyone will be making doll block quilts. Better trademark it NOW. Don't want anyone else selling YOUR idea. LOL  These are great blocks. You go, girl.

Sukochi

Page 6 of 8 (109 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use