Our first project ,and easy one

rated by 0 users
This post has 108 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 7:29 AM

My dear sweet Barbara, I did not ever mean to intimate (is that the right word?) that you are rushing anyone. Basically, I am talking about myself. 

I saw my fam Dr. on Thurs. He said I have significant sleep apnea, and it has, most likely, been going on a very long time and my brain is suffering for the lack of oxygen. I am dizzy (can't ever bend down or over), in fact, I fell from being dizzy this a.m. My cognitive function is way off, my memory is bad, I can't remember sh*t. I get so dizzy, I throw up. I can't even sew right now. I pretty much sit in the chair and keep up with things here on the computer.  I awake each, and every, morning with a terrific, (why do we say a headache is terrific? It is awful, is what it is, there is not one terrific thing about it), headache and dizziness. They can't get that machine to me fast enough.  We have a meeting tomorrow aft. and Iit is my turn to bring refreshments. About 20 people come to these meetings.  I have food shopping and prep work to do today. Just don't know how I will get it done, but have to. Too late to beg off.  I am taking cream cheese with mild pepper relish over it, olives, marinated mushrooms, stuffed grape leaves,  those little sausages and cheese cubes, orange pineapple rum preserves over cream cheese, fudge, mixed nuts, iced tea and hot  spiced cider. I have to package all this up and take it to Blairsville over an hour away to the Church then set up the refreshments before the meeting. When these folks walk into the room they hug everyone and head straight for the food, especially when I bring the refreshments. everyone else brings bakery cookies, salsa and chips and tea.  Hey, I  should get a jar of those mixed fancy pickles, too. I have already spent $10.00 and the rest is going to cost a fortune. We are just about out of money till payday next Weds. But, I will pull it off by going into saving. I am OCD and HAVE to do it this way.  that God, DH is very patient and will help, even doing the shopping, if necessary. Except, even with a specific list, he always get something wrong. why can't men follow a list with brand names, amounts, and descriptions of the container right down to the color?

Sorry to whine

Sukochi

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 2,925
Candy replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 10:13 AM

Hello All....

Thought I would check in.  We are waiting to hear from the hospital to see when they are going to do DH's IR Biopsies (IR=Investigative Radiology) of the omental metastaties nodules in his stomach.  

I will try to post some pictures later today of the doll quilt top (it is not quilted or bound yet) that I did.  I picked the easiest one to do which was the scrap squares doll quilt.  Glad to see I am not the only one who picked it.  Barbara, those scraps we picked up on the shop hop in Warrensburg came in handy for this one.

I have looked at the other ones in the book, just not sure I have the patience to work with some of that intricate piecing right now.  Hard to get into much of anything right now.  I need to finish my Christmas quilt projects,  have everything to finish them, just have never actually finished one before.  I may just have to break down and take them to a quilter.  UGH

Anyhow, anyway, I just wanted to check in.  I am still around, just not being very active...I see everyone's posts in my email.  If I am not posting, please keep in mind that I am still here and part of the group.  

So sorry that several of you are under the weather.  Hope you all get to feeling better soon,

Candy in Norborne MO

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 10:16 AM

Sukochi, sweetie you can wine to me any time you need to . I have taken in my only child who is a disabled Vet, He to suffers these same problems  other then the sleep apnea. He is extrememly  BI-Polar and he to has severe OCD so I understand.  I do hope you will get the headaches and nausea and dizziness taken care of ,thath is very dangerous.  Just be reasurred that  I am good fwith what you have said.. Wish I could give you a big  hug and tell you that there are people who care..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 10:20 AM

Candy,really glad to hear from you .I am always lookin to see if you are on. Please keep us posted on how DH is doing and you to .. Yeah alot of those scraps we picked up have come in really handy for alot of projects.. As far as you quilts just do the best you can ,You have aloton your plate at this ime . there is nothing on this group that is going to be rushed. I look foward to see you doll quilt . Take care my friend and call me if you ever need any thing ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 10:31 AM

Barbara:

Sukochi, sweetie you can wine to me any time you need to . I have taken in my only child who is a disabled Vet, He to suffers these same problems  other then the sleep apnea. He is extremely  BI-Polar and he to has severe OCD so I understand.  I do hope you will get the headaches and nausea and dizziness taken care of ,that is very dangerous.  Just be reassured that  I am good with what you have said.. Wish I could give you a big  hug and tell you that there are people who care..Barbara

(((hugs))) to you too.

Thanks for listening. the doc said the sleep apnea is causing the headaches, dizziness, which causes the nausea. I want that machine ASAP.  Says the ole brain has been with out oxygen for way too long. It is catching up with me. Wonderful!!!!  the next sleep study is on Tues. YAY!!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Sukochi,

I hope that you get the machine quickly so that you can start to fell better soon and that you get the oxygen levels back up. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Candy,

i hope everthing goes well with your DH.  My thoughts and pryers are with you and your DH.

Margaret

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

My dear sweet Barbara, I did not ever mean to intimate (is that the right word?) that you are rushing anyone. Basically, I am talking about myself. 

I saw my fam Dr. on Thurs. He said I have significant sleep apnea, and it has, most likely, been going on a very long time and my brain is suffering for the lack of oxygen. I am dizzy (can't ever bend down or over), in fact, I fell from being dizzy this a.m. My cognitive function is way off, my memory is bad, I can't remember sh*t. I get so dizzy, I throw up. I can't even sew right now. I pretty much sit in the chair and keep up with things here on the computer.  I awake each, and every, morning with a terrific, (why do we say a headache is terrific? It is awful, is what it is, there is not one terrific thing about it), headache and dizziness. They can't get that machine to me fast enough. 

Sorry to whine

There IS HOPE Sukochi!!!!

Hang in there dear one!!!  Sounds like you're traveling down a path quite familiar to me.  I too, have OSA, obstructive sleep apnea.  I was finally diagnosed with this a couple of years ago.  I too, was SO sleep deprived after struggling with this nasty and serious health problem for years that, my doc told me not to drive, make any significant decisions, etc. for at least three more months since I was SO oxygen deprived and not capable of doing so.  It took me several months to feel much better, but I did start to notice little differences after the first couple of weeks.  Now, of course, I cannot sleep without my CPAP mask/gear - including naps, too. :-)

The best-est mask that I found to work for me is the Swift FX from Resmed.  Don't know what your doctor is recommending for you, but I found this one to be the least obtrusive and bothersome.  Hardly know I have it on! :-) 

Over time I have eventually gotten MUCH healthier, sleeping MUCH better, have MUCH more energy throughout the day and even look much healthier.  Such relentless sleep/oxygen deprivation does terrible things to our body and mind.  Praying you'll feel much better sooner than later, but you WILL get better, really!! :-)  I'm so glad that you have learned what you can do to feel better.  It will only get better from here!  Hang in there and sweet dreams! :-)

Karla in CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Hi Candy,

So glad to hear from you! :-)  Sounds like you've got your plate full, but are hanging in there.  Been there, done that - yet it is so different for everyone.  Nice that you're able to at least keep up with us as your busy days run one into the other.  This is a busy time of year for most folks, but having such serious health issues to deal with just makes things all the more complicated.  My prayers for your two continue.  God will sustain you both. :-)

Take care, God bless,

Karla in CO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Hi Everyone,

After saving this week's block pattern from Barbara's site just now, I noticed an entry dated Nov 9th just below today's block where she was discussing possible setting ideas once we make up all the blocks we plan to make.  She showed several pictures that certainly gave me some good ideas, as well mentioned the Flickr pool of pics that are at our disposal to gather even more ideas.  Thought those of you participating is this BOW might find this interesting.

Here's the link for today's block.  Just scroll past it and you'll see this entry and pics.

http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

Karla in CO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 3:41 PM

Quilthappy7:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

I saw my fam Dr. on Thurs. He said I have significant sleep apnea, and it has, most likely, been going on a very long time and my brain is suffering for the lack of oxygen. I am dizzy (can't ever bend down or over), in fact, I fell from being dizzy this a.m. My cognitive function is way off, my memory is bad, I can't remember sh*t. I get so dizzy, I throw up. I can't even sew right now. I pretty much sit in the chair and keep up with things here on the computer.  I awake each, and every, morning with a terrific, (why do we say a headache is terrific? It is awful, is what it is, there is not one terrific thing about it), headache and dizziness. They can't get that machine to me fast enough. 

Sorry to whine

Hang in there dear one!!!  Sounds like you're traveling down a path quite familiar to me.  I too, have OSA, obstructive sleep apnea.  I was finally diagnosed with this a couple of years ago.  I too, was SO sleep deprived after struggling with this nasty and serious health problem for years that, my doc told me not to drive, make any significant decisions, etc. for at least three more months since I was SO oxygen deprived and not capable of doing so.  It took me several months to feel much better, but I did start to notice little differences after the first couple of weeks.  Now, of course, I cannot sleep without my CPAP mask/gear - including naps, too. :-)

The best-est mask that I found to work for me is the Swift FX from Resmed.  Don't know what your doctor is recommending for you, but I found this one to be the least obtrusive and bothersome.  Hardly know I have it on! :-) 

Over time I have eventually gotten MUCH healthier, sleeping MUCH better, have MUCH more energy throughout the day and even look much healthier.  Such relentless sleep/oxygen deprivation does terrible things to our body and mind.  Praying you'll feel much better sooner than later, but you WILL get better, really!! :-)  I'm so glad that you have learned what you can do to feel better.  It will only get better from here!  Hang in there and sweet dreams! :-)

Karla in CO

Karla, you have given me such hope. We went to Walamrt this morning. I was already off center when I got up. Went to change Lils (Yorkie) pee pee paper and I just fell over on the floor. While at walmart ti continued to get worse. Got home and barly made it to the bathroom to throw up. I think I am the only person on earth to have a prescription of Phenergan, the antinausea med they give you at the ER. Went to bed, got up awhile ago and am dizzy again.

Thanks for the new that this does get better. Thanks to all who have told me.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Quilthappy7:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sorry to whine

Karla in CO

Karla, you have given me such hope. We went to Walamrt this morning. I was already off center when I got up. Went to change Lils (Yorkie) pee pee paper and I just fell over on the floor. While at walmart ti continued to get worse. Got home and barly made it to the bathroom to throw up. I think I am the only person on earth to have a prescription of Phenergan, the antinausea med they give you at the ER. Went to bed, got up awhile ago and am dizzy again.

Thanks for the new that this does get better. Thanks to all who have told me.

Hi Sukochi,

I'm so glad I could share some hope with you on this sleep apnea journey. :-)  Many times we go through our days not having a clue what's causing our symptoms until some time later, and then finally  we get a diagnosis.  Funny, the relief we feel just knowing what's wrong, but then the wait while the "fix" makes things better over time.  Remember, it may have taken your body many months and/or years to get to this place of malfunction, so please be patient while it finds it's way back to normalcy in the coming weeks/months.  At least you should feel better sooner than the time it took you to feel your worst. :-) 

For a while, at first, I kept waiting and wondering if I ever would feel halfway rested again when I wake in the morning, would I ever sleep 'normally' again with this apparatus (mask and headgear) on my face/head.  The answer is YES!!  Just give it time.  Some people respond sooner than others, some take longer.  It all depends on your particular case, situation, length before diagnosis and particular symptoms.  I would read on a forum (cpaptalk.com, ( think) how some folks felt better two weeks down the road and couldn't wait for the same thing.  My wait was a bit longer, but I also have Fibromyalgia which brings with it it's own set of sleep issues.

The one thing that helped me get used to my mask the best was wearing it for a little while once then twice a day while I was awake.  I'm a bit claustrophobic, so this exercise was the best thing I could've ever done.  Helps too, when your mask is not a full face one, unless you need one.  Just remember, if you have any issues or troubles fitting it, wearing it or whatever, to contact  your respiratory therapist, doctor, or whomever to assist you.  

My hubby could finally begin getting some sleep himself after I started wearing the CPAP mask because he used to wake up a lot at night too, either hearing me sputter or gasp for air when I quit breathing.  Other times, he would just wake up to make sure I was still breathing.  We were both sleep deprived.  Feel free to email me personally if you have any other questions that I might be able to help you with.  While some forums would rather folks take their off topic things to a personal level, I have found it often helps many others who maybe didn't realize others were suffering too, and how they've found help. :-)  

Oh, and yes, I'm quite familiar with Phenergan - it's a good medicine that's been around a long time.  Hope it's helping you.

Hope you'll keep us posted,

Karla in CO 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 6:28 PM

Sukoshi, we love ya , so I'm so glad you are getting the study done again. I am suppose to wear bipap ,but I have a terrible claustrophobic problem ,I need a new mask or breathing device. I have tried everything and just cannot get use to the mask.  .so hang in there ,you will get thru this .. Just be carful..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 6:30 PM

Karla ,thanks for posting this , I had not recieved my email yet ,on this one. IO really like the apple tree block .I think that is what it was called... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 1,020

Barbara:

Karla ,thanks for posting this , I had not recieved my email yet ,on this one. IO really like the apple tree block .I think that is what it was called... Barbara

You're very welcome, Barbara.  Say, I wonder if there is any type of desensitization program for your Bi-pap like there was for my CPAP mask???  Worth asking about since this is SOOOOOO important to your health.  I'm betting you know that left alone, OSA can cause strokes and worse.  Please take care of yourself, okay?  We need to look out for each other, maybe us talking about will help. :-)

Karla in CO (who's breathing and sleeping MUCH better!)

Page 4 of 8 (109 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use