FiS Once Upon a Time Disney Princess QAL

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,511
Points 391,017
Kris Posted: Fri, Jul 15 2016 6:38 PM

Please use this thread for the Disney Princess Quilt Along from Fandom in Stitches.

Week 1 Patterns

Week 2 Patterns

Week 3 Patterns

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,180
Points 140,370

Oh Kris, don't do this to me! I have several projects in motion but I love the FIS patterns. I'm going to save the patterns and give this some thought. Thinking, thinking.......

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,180
Points 140,370

I'm also hesitant about the black background for the blocks. I know it will be really dramatic and make the princesses pop, but I've never been a fan of lots of black. I'm afraid if I go with something else, it just won't look right. I'm wondering about a deep midnight blue.

What do you think?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,511
Points 391,017
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 16 2016 2:05 PM

Judy blame Patricia Faye for this one. I started this thread since she expressed some interest. I'm not a Disney fan but these are nice. I'm downloading. We all know I don't need another project.

I'm not crazy about the black background either. I think a midnight blue would serve the same purpose of having the ladies pop. I think if you have good contrast it shouldn't be a problem if you use something lighter.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 25,870

I've printed all these & have the fabrics but need the time to work on them now.  Will be going to my son's for 3 weeks on 7/27 to help out with their 2yr old & new baby girl so hope to get some sewing done while visiting!😉   I agree about the black.  Midnight blue might work.   I love FIS but didn't have anyone that would appreciate them.  My 4 yr old granddaughter loves the Disney Princesses & I'm sure the 2 yr old will too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,180
Points 140,370

I'm also thinking a deep maroon. I don't know if I'll actually get to make these. But might make one just for grins. Of course, as has happened in the past, once I make one I can't stop. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:54 AM

this looks fun. Using another color besides black but every color I think of I realize I wont be able to use the color in the dresses. hope everyone has been doing good. Doesn't seem like much goes on on this site anymore. Of course I have't done some of the projects that have came along either. ha ha

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,511
Points 391,017
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 18 2016 10:04 AM

Hi Tami, good to hear from you. It's not as busy as it used to be but there are a few projects going. The summer is usually slower since more people are outside enjoying the weather when they can.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Jul 18 2016 11:15 AM

has anyone started on one yet? I notice there is no gauge for printing correct size

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,180
Points 140,370

Tami Paul, the patterns print out as a PDF.  Make sure your printer settings are Actual Size and not Fit or Shrink. I usually open and print the PDF files with Adobe.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jul 24 2016 1:30 PM

thank you Judy. I just wish there was a square on it to be sure it was the right size. guess I will just do one and see how it comes out. and ya I am sure it will be fine. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.