2015 BOM March Blocks

rated by 0 users
This post has 63 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,837
Points 381,972
Kris Posted: Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:28 PM

Please use this thread for the March BOM blocks. Thanks.

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 533
Points 10,060
Jan replied on Sun, Mar 1 2015 6:43 AM

Wow Kris,

These will take a little thinking for the layout and colors. They are beautiful. I can't wait to do them but alas I will have to. My machine is in the shop for it's annual big cleaning and oiling. So it is pretty likely to be a couple of weeks. It all depends on how well the back up machine takes the paper.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

This is a terrific pattern Kris. Thank you. Whew! 8 segments. I was up way early (3 am!!!). Finished quilting Downton Abbey and by 5:30 was looking for something else. 

I was so careful and so pleased that everything went together so easily. Sewed the two halves together, held it up to admire and about ripped my hair out. I had joined the four segments in one half together wrong. I ripped, cussed, grumbled and thought I should have stayed in bed. But, it's done. Not as crisp as my incorrect version, but I'm happy with it. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 540
Linda replied on Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:01 PM

Absolutely stunning, Judy!

Linda in Utah

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Thanks Linda! I'm debating doing the 2nd March block. So far I've only done one of the blocks each month, intending to catch up later.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,837
Points 381,972
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 7 2015 5:33 PM

Judy your block is gorgeous. I love it. Great fabric selection. WTG.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Thanks Kris. I really appreciate all the work you are doing to provide us with the patterns and everything.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 13,725
Pat A replied on Sun, Mar 8 2015 8:40 PM

Judy, Your March block is gorgeous!  Love it.  The pale points look like icicles. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Thanks Pat A. I just love this pattern Kris designed for us. Isn't she awesome!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 540
Linda replied on Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:26 PM

Absolutely awesome!  Thanks, Kris!

Linda in Utah

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Here's my second March block. This one was easier than the 1st but it gave me fits. I some heavy things on my mind and was distracted. I should have waited to make it, but....... So, I had to re-do one section THREE times!!

But it's a beautiful pattern and, in spite of an oops that I'm not going to fix, I love it.

Oh, the first block? The one with eight sections that took me literally hours to make? Hubby loves that one. Wants an entire quilt from that block.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 13,725
Pat A replied on Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:20 PM

Great block Judy.  And if there is an Oops in there, it is not apparent.  Like the fabrics and colors.  Love dit!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Thanks Pat A. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,837
Points 381,972
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 11 2015 7:08 PM

Judy your second block is grogeous. I don't see the oops either.

Are you going to honour dear hubby with a quilt of compasses?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Kris:
Are you going to honour dear hubby with a quilt of compasses?

Oh my, gives me liver spasms to think of it. He wants that particular one. But I love it too. One of the things he likes are the fabrics and especially the background color. It's Buggy Barn and a pale lavender/tan. Can't find that particular color in stock anywhere. But I'm sure I could find something similar. Then the wise old man says "Perhaps enlarge it and make it a center block with smaller ones around it?

Kris, do you want him? I'll ship free.

Actually, he may have an idea. I'm going to wait until all the BOM are completed. Then, maybe, think of enlarging that particular block pattern for a center. Will have to see how it all pans out. I ain't promising him nuttin'.

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 5 (64 items) 12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use