EPP Sampler Block Four; Church Windows

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:35 PM

Oh one of my life long goals is to make it to the sisters quilt show. I have seen it when Patti and Gini post pictures and it is so awesome,I hope you get to go . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:58 AM

Donna B:

Thanks Barbara.  We may be making changes in the trip but I am still hoping to make it to the Sister's Quilt Show.  I have been wanting to see that for years now!

Donna,

This is in Oregon right?  I am going to the Quilt expo in Redmond OR... and Saturday going to the Sister's Quilt show.

Are you going to be at the Expo too?   

Sandy 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:30 PM

Sandy:

Donna,

This is in Oregon right?  I am going to the Quilt expo in Redmond OR... and Saturday going to the Sister's Quilt show.

Are you going to be at the Expo too?   

Sandy 

Sandy, I didn't know about the Quilt Expo in Redmond!!!  Is it just the one day?  I will google it, to see what my options are.

We are driving down on Thursday afternoon and will probably spend that night somewhere between The Dalles and  Redmond (we're coming from Winthrop, WA).  We are planning to camp at the Sister's City Park Fri and Sat nights, so need to get there fairly early on Friday for a spot (no reservations possible).  

I would love to meet up with you Saturday in Sister's!  DH will be going on a hike on the PCT and leaving me on my own for the Quilt Show. (I haven't been able to find anyone to meet up with at the Quilt Show yet, sigh.)  Will you be with a group or is getting together a possibility?  

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 11:18 AM

Donna

I sent you a PM  

Sandy :)

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Has anyone finished their Church Windows Block?  I made one last week but the piece was not the right size.  I'm almost finished with the remade block.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:55 PM

Sorry to report that I won't be able to make it to the Sister's Quilt Show this coming Saturday.  (But on the bright side, Sandy will be...and I have asked her to be sure and take pictures and post them on the forum for everyone.)  

This has really been a disappointing week for me as I have been looking forward to this for some time!  First, I had a health issue come up and travel had to be cleared by the doctor (just got the release on Monday) then our water system failed.  We live in an arid area of eastern Washington state and have a "marginal" well with a cistern to hold water when the well is not producing as much as we are using each day.  With these kinds of "systems" there are pumps, controls, etc. that can go bad and we have had issues off and on over the years that can be fixed fairly quickly.  However, this time...NOT!  As it turned out, our cistern has been invaded by tree roots and is cracked and leaking water...so no water storage during the hottest, driest time of year.  Did I mention we have a large vegetable garden?  So until we can get the big equipment in to replace the cistern, we have to be here to monitor the water available each day and ration out water to the garden - only as needed.  Not to mention the house...quick showers, wash clothes at laundramat, less toilet flushes, etc.  The flower garden will only get enough water to keep the plants alive!

I am still hopeful that this will all get done before the end of July because they still will be displaying quilts around town in Sisters until the end of the month.  It isn't the Quilt Show, but I still would get to see a lot of beautiful quilts on display. If I do make it there, I will take pictures...for sure!

And BTW, the poster picture (with the deer) that I posted earlier...I saw it on the Sister's Quilt Show website.  It was from 1995, is considered "retired" (no longer available to purchase) other than from private collections...and the price is...$400.00!  Woo Hoo!  If I do make it to Sister's, I am buying more posters...it's a good investment!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Donna B.  I am so sorry to hear about the trials and disappointments you have had lately.  Esp the Quilt Show.  Hang in there, Lady tomorrow is a new day!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:11 AM

Donna,

Sorry about your problems.

Mel,

Ive finished mine does that count.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Frances, Well it will this time.  Will be posting a pic of mine as soon as it's done.  Then you know I'll be bothering you about Block 5.heeeheee

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 2:38 PM

Hi

I'm back from Sisters and will post pictures as soon as I can get them down loaded, they are on my husbands camera.   Also my Mom needs to see the doctors about some pain in her back that she fears heart problems but all the tests were good so just need to do a stress test so not sure how fast I will get to the pictures but I will post them. 

anyway.... here is my block

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 3:16 PM

Sandy, beautiful block!  Color me green with envy about Sisters...can't wait to see your pictures.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:50 PM

Sandy,

Glad you are back, and i love your block well done.

By the way i think your colour choices are wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 11:21 PM

Hi

Hi....

so I posted some pictures from the Quilt show on my blog so I think you just click my name to get there....enjoy

I have over 150 pictures so I just pick some to share :)

Sandy 

Just wanted to add... this was all hexagons and also hand quilted... of course I thought of my english paper piecing friends! :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 11:36 PM

thank you Frances, I worked on it in the evenings when we were in Oregon.  It is so nice to have something to work on while you travel :)

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 1:32 PM

Sandy:
here is my block

Nice work Sandy. I like the blues.

Sandy:
Just wanted to add... this was all hexagons and also hand quilted... of course I thought of my english paper piecing friends! :)

That's beautiful. Thanks for the photos in your blog.

I like the photos of you and your kitty helper as well.

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use