EPP Sampler Block Four; Church Windows

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,142
Kris Posted: Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:28 AM

Please use this thread for block four of the Sampler. Please share photos, tips, tricks and frustrations.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 1:21 PM

Okay now i can get on here i will post this block.

You will need this website http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/vartriangle/ you will need to make the base triangle length 1 inch.

and this is the shape you need to draw the short line is 1 inch and the long line is 2 inch.

and you do the same as normal baste the shape and join them together. I used 14 church window shapes i wanted to do 15 but i couldnt fit it on the background square, however if anyone wants to they could alter the size of the triangle smaller and then you could get 15.

and here is the finished block appliqued to the back ground.

hope this is clear any questions please ask.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,832
Points 366,142
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:05 PM

Thanks Frances. I'll have to wait 'til I get back to start this one.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:44 PM

Thanks Frances ,got it .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Frances, thanks for the block!  I thought I'd dissolve into apoplexy waiting for the 1st to get here.  HAHAA  I love the look of this.  Opens up a lot of possibilities!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:42 AM

Thanks Francis...I'm your lurking EPP friend from Washington State...lol!  Just kind of quiet about it I guess.  I had done the EPP blocks on the 2012 Craftsy BOM - with my own variation on the second one  (theirs was just too blaw), but that was my only previous experience.

I am getting ready for a road trip and will be away from my machine for a couple of weeks, so EPP is now my answer to that problem.  I have already started block 1 & 2, have 3 cut out and 4 printed...so I a making progress and will be ready when we leave.  

Thank you also for making the effort to friend us all on Facebook so that we could have this information from you.  That was a frustrating weekend...the not knowing if/when QCA was coming back up or not. I so appreciate you sharing your talent and knowledge with us all!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:52 AM

EPP beginner that I am, is this Block 4 shape (the vartriangle - 60 degree with 1"/2" sides) the same used in the Lucy Boston quilts?

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:00 AM

Donna,

No its not the same as the one used in the Lucy Boston quilts the one in the Lucy boston quilts that shape has equal length on all its sides, at least in my book thats what it looks like.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:05 AM

Donna,

Its lovely to have you along for the ride, and yes it was a frustrating weekend, Melody wanted block 4 so much i had to find some way to post if for her otherwise i might have been able to hear her venting all the way over here.  By the way not much in way of talent or knowledge just hopefully having some fun with others.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:06 AM

Mel,

After making you wait until the 1st i couldnt then not post, just because QCA was down now at least we have an alternative.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Frances, your a sweety!  Thanks

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:25 AM

Donna nice to have you joining us .  have fun on your trip and be safe . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:09 AM

Thanks Barbara.  We may be making changes in the trip but I am still hoping to make it to the Sister's Quilt Show.  I have been wanting to see that for years now!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:28 PM

Donna,

Please if you do go can you take some pictures so i can see too..... i really miss the fact that quilt shows over here are few and far between.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:13 PM

Frances:

Donna,

Please if you do go can you take some pictures so i can see too..... i really miss the fact that quilt shows over here are few and far between.

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh yes, I definitely will.  I think Gini posted pictures of the Sisters Quilt Show last year on her blog.  You might check there...  It is really a special quilt show.  Here is a link to their website:  

http://www.sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/

Every year they have a quilting related poster made by a local artist and sell those.  Quite a few years ago, I was able to get one when traveling through Sisters a few weeks after the Quilt Show.  I was really lucky they still had one available!!!  Here is a picture of my poster:  

I just love this poster...it is one of my favorite pictures in my house!

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use