rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 1:29 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Finished April Block 1. I hope to do May Block 2 before June rolls around. Kris, I'm glad you mentioned the hexagon. I'm not going to put the corner triangles on yet. May wait until all 12 months are done and then decide.

I like your block Judy. Nice fabric selection. I really like this as a hexagon.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 1:29 AM

Feel better soon Barbara.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 30 2013 12:43 PM

thanks Kris ,I'm feeling somewhat better today at least no nausea .  I finished up my first block today ,I'm using floral FQ and scrap fabric to do these , these are from some fabric I never thought I ever use, cause I didn't really like them ,but they came out really pretty in this block. Sure are lots of pieces to work  with  ,LOL.

the dark colors are really a deep wine color they are not black.  It is some scrap ,Jenny Beyer  fabric I had left over.

this one shows the colors alittle  better.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Barbara, your April block is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your May block. I don't like my May block as well as April.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 30 2013 2:21 PM

thanks Judy, I 'm not sure what I"m doing for the May block yet , I have to go thru the fabric I have for it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Thu, May 30 2013 7:46 PM

Barbara:
thanks Kris ,I'm feeling somewhat better today at least no nausea .

That's good to know Barbara.

Barbara:
I finished up my first block today ,I'm using floral FQ and scrap fabric to do these , these are from some fabric I never thought I ever use, cause I didn't really like them ,but they came out really pretty in this block. Sure are lots of pieces to work  with  ,LOL.

THat's the great thing about "ugly" fabrics. They look wonderful when cut into smaller pieces. I love your block. Job well done as always.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, May 31 2013 9:49 AM

Thanks Kris,  I would never have thought that these fabrics would work this well together ,but I'm real glad they did. LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 3:49 PM

I would like to join this.  Is there a place that will tell me how much fabric I would need for all the blocks?  Maybe just the background?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Leone:

I would like to join this.  Is there a place that will tell me how much fabric I would need for all the blocks?  Maybe just the background?

Leone, I had the same question about background fabric. I don't see anywhere on the website about yardage needed. Go to http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/spikeyourenglish.aspx   and you can download/print the patterns for each month. I've completed the first two months and will start June this week. 

Normally 2 yards of background fabric would be enough for 12 blocks. But this is paper piecing and I waste more than I use. I know I don't have enough of any one fabric so I selected 3 different fabrics to use for the background. I think I'll reverse some of them and use dark for the background.

Kris has started threads for the first two months where we can post pictures and share comments.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:11 PM

Thank you very much Judy for getting back to me. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 7:53 PM

Judy T,

thanks for answering Leone's question.

Leone, 

the first post in each discussion usually has a link for the corresponding block. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:13 AM

Here is my April.  Not sure if my printer isn't printing the right size but if  they all come out the same I guess it will work.

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Leone:

Here is my April.  Not sure if my printer isn't printing the right size but if  they all come out the same I guess it will work.

Really nice Leone.  It looks good to me. If you are concerned about the sizing, when the print dialog screen comes up, be sure to check "actual size" instead of "fit". Depending on what version of Adobe you have it may say something slightly different.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:30 AM

Leone ,beautiful block  you did a amazing job. on this .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:09 AM

Thanks.  I have a new computer with windows 8.  I feel lucky I can print at all.  I feel like I am in first grade again.

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use