Spike Your English Block One "Flowers All Around"

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris Posted: Mon, May 27 2013 7:18 PM

Please use this thread for block one (April 2013)  photos, tips, tricks and frustrations.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Here is my Block One "Flowers All Around."   It is a LARGE block (6 pieces instead of 4)  but I think it'll make a nice quilt.   Have fun with it!

After looking at my picture, I just identified I must have sewn the yellow centers of the flowers in the wrong place on 3 of the blocks?  Of course they are the first pieces sewn so I won't be taking it apart to correct. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Patricia, that's a great block. I'm still fiddling with fabrics. Got the patterns printed. I hope to get the block done this evening.

Did you notice that three of your pedals have the gold in the wrong spot? Or did you do that deliberately?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 8:08 PM

Patricia,

it looks great. No need to change a thing. Nice fabric selection. Well done.

If I make these, and I'm really tempted, I'll keep them as hexagon.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Judy T-Bellingham:
Did you notice that three of your pedals have the gold in the wrong spot? Or did you do that deliberately?

Oh, Patricia, I just re-read your post. Just didn't read it far enough. I'm sorry about that but your first block will be unique. And that's OK.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Kris:
If I make these, and I'm really tempted, I'll keep them as hexagon

That's interesting Kris. When I first looked at the pattern that's what I thought it was, a hexagon. At first I didn't even realize the outer pieces were part of the block.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:33 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
When I first looked at the pattern that's what I thought it was, a hexagon.

That was my impression Judy. The non-square blocks caught my attention which is why I decided to download them. Now, after seeing Patricia's block this may move up on the wish list.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, May 28 2013 8:03 AM

Patricia ,I love it ,I just now saw these patterns and of course I have printed them will be working on these a little later today as I have some errands to run this morning.  I love the fabric selection you have made for this block. good job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Finished April Block 1. I hope to do May Block 2 before June rolls around. Kris, I'm glad you mentioned the hexagon. I'm not going to put the corner triangles on yet. May wait until all 12 months are done and then decide.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 29 2013 9:09 AM

Judy I like it much better as a hexie, I think I'll leave my corners off.  Love yours ,looks fabulous. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 844
Points 15,655

Judy, love your block.  Some of my favorite colors!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Barbara:

Judy I like it much better as a hexie, I think I'll leave my corners off.  Love yours ,looks fabulous. Barbara

Thanks Barbara. I'm so frustrated this morning. I thought I had more of the background fabric. I KNOW I did but I can't find the rest of it. Which means I don't have enough for all twelve blocks. There used to be a website to go to and, using a scan of your fabric, try to find more. I've either lost the link or it no longer exists.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Judy T-Bellingham:
There used to be a website to go to and, using a scan of your fabric, try to find more. I've either lost the link or it no longer exists.

I found the website, it's  findmyfabric.com

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 29 2013 4:42 PM

Judy I'm using florals in mine as well , I do have my back ground fabric so I think I'll be okay with that.   so far it is coming out ok ,I'll know better when I get the other three finished,  but I'm not feeling well today so I'm done for the day.  have had a tummy ache for a couple of days now . and just feeling rundown .I hope it goes by quick  .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Barbara:
but I'm not feeling well today so I'm done for the day.  have had a tummy ache for a couple of days now

Barbara, I'm sorry you're under the weather. It's no fun. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use