rated by 0 users
This post has 92 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 9:55 AM

Marie,

I am just about at the end of 3 weeks of party, finishing up at work, another party this weekend, driveway dug up by the city and then just regular life.  I should have a couple of 'freeish " days before dog has surgery and we go on vacation.  I am going to make sure I at least have the hexies, scissors, and some of the fabric before we leave though.

Jan

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:42 AM

Here is my EPP Block Two, Tumbling Blocks:

Oh boy, until I saw the picture I didn't realize how wonky the left sides of the blocks on the left  were.  (I think the other outside edges look better, but those on the left ...wooo.)  It seems my pressing left something to be desired...

I hope I will do better next time!!!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:35 AM

Donna B:

Oh boy, until I saw the picture I didn't realize how wonky the left sides of the blocks on the left  were.  (I think the other outside edges look better, but those on the left ...wooo.)  It seems my pressing left something to be desired...

I hope I will do better next time!!!

Looks good to me Donna, very lovely fabrics!  Nice job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,812
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 3:48 PM

Donna B:

I like it Donna. Great fabrics.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:44 AM

Kris, I've noticed a funny thing!  Your posts are not showing up on the PP Groups' Recent Group Activity Page.  For example, this morning, Marie's post from 8/26 @ 9am shows as the last posting, but when I click on her post to go to the EPP, Tumbler Block Two, your post from 8/26 @ 1pm is there - later than Marie's.  

I think I have seen this (your posts not showing on the list) in other group postings too, but couldn't swear to it.  Any idea why? 

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,812
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 2:27 PM

Donna,

my profile settings keep the site from announcing my activity.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:56 PM

Kris,  I am glad there is a reasonable explanation!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Donna you have done better than I have.  I still have the Dresden plate almost done!  It's been that for 2 weeks!  I better get a move on lol.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:00 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:

Donna you have done better than I have.  I still have the Dresden plate almost done!  It's been that for 2 weeks!  I better get a move on lol.

I'm pretty sure you are still ahead of me...lol.  I am s-l-o-w-l-y making progress on Block 3 (Field of Diamonds), but those 1/2" hexies are about to do me in!  

At first I thought about not doing them, and then I thought I needed to "get with the program, put my 'big-girl panties' on and just do them"...so now here I am...thinking I might have been right to start with.

But, I already have the centers done, so there is no turning back now.  So, slow or not, I will finish this block... I WILL!  When, is another question...

At this point, I am really looking forward to the Dresden plate block!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,812
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:15 PM

Donna,

I have my centres done as well. They're waiting for me to add the path around them. I love working on a small scale but not motivated right now. I take them everywhere I go just in case inspiration hits.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 10:02 AM

Donna,

It looks great to me, havent you been working hard.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 11:21 PM

Kris:

Donna,

I have my centres done as well. They're waiting for me to add the path around them. I love working on a small scale but not motivated right now. I take them everywhere I go just in case inspiration hits.

Kris, I've just started the paths around the centers too.  And you are right, the small scale does have some advantages (never thought I would say that...lol).  

I am in Oregon again...traveling to Medford in southern Oregon for a family get-together/memorial service, so I should have some time to make progress.  (We will see...) But, i am not like Gini who hand sews while riding in the car.  I like to see the beautiful scenery!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 11:25 PM

Frances:

Donna,

It looks great to me, havent you been working hard.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, thank you but this has taken me ...like... forever...really a long time to get these first two blocks done!  

Heres hoping Block 3 will go a little faster.  I am actually quite surprised at how fast the 1/2" hexies do go together!  I never would have guessed that there was a speed advantage to the small size...  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

Finally finished this project. The rest of you are probably finished with the entire quilt but I am just getting started. This was very difficult because my eyes aren't very good. I'm getting new glasses next week and then will probably faint when I see what this really looks like. LOL.I tried glue basting and decided that is not for me. It made it much more difficult because my thread and needle kept getting sticky from the glue. I probably used too much glue, but I think I will stick to thread basting from now on. On to the next block.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,812
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 8:13 PM

It looks good Pat. I only have the first three blocks done. I'll get back to it some day.

Page 6 of 7 (93 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use