English Paper Piecing General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:05 AM

Links are fine Erin. Copying and pasting photos not so good. We had a lady get really angry when someone here used a photo from her blog.

Anyway, that's a really interesting quilt. I wonder how she plans to use it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:06 AM

Erin WOW !! that is amazing. I can't even imagine doing one that big.   the two books I got are  Quilts from Grandmother's Garden ,by Jaynette Huff, these are all small wall hanging quilts but they are beautiful ,the ohter one is the same you orderd, I got mine from Connecting Threads, they were on sale.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:21 AM

Hi everyone, I found a great Web site for all of us . They even have some great free patterns ,, You can also get pre cut hex's here if you wan,t they come in differnt size packages.  Me ,I'm to cheap to buy  LOL but I may try them once just to get some accurate cuts. LOL  They also have a newsletter you can sign up for . I found it to be a reasonable priced site.  Barbara

www.paperpieces.com

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:49 PM

Barbara,

I found this one too, did you see the books they do, they are different to others that i have found, i think they must publish there own.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps yes im back got home today.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:32 PM

Erin:
I was just at quilting board and found the most interesting hex quilt that I've ever seen!  I hope it is OK to post this link, this quilt is amazing!!!     http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hexy-quilt-t218825.html     

that is just amazing !

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 5:12 PM

Frances, no I didn't look at the books since I can't afford any at this time.I 'll have to go back and look at them later ,Never know I might find one I like  LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 5:32 PM

So, I cut out my hexagons and made a little kit with a container I had.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Cute!  I have a Betty Boop lunch box that I keep my "on the go" stuff in.  :D

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:08 PM

Very cool Sandy. I use a pencil box to transport my hand sewing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:31 AM

Kris,

Ive just seen some of the farmers wife blocks yep you are insane thats official, but you are wonderful to be able to do it, way too small for me.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:44 AM

Okay,

For everyone whos crazy enough to join me on an EPP sampler quilt, I have a plan.

25 Blocks will make up the quilt finished block size will be 12 1/2 inches so for background fabric you will need 25 pieces of fabric of at least 13".

Blocks will include the following, Tumbling blocks, Floor Tile, Inner City, Grandmothers Flower Garden, Field of Diamonds, Dresden Plate, Chrysanthumum, Pentagon Ring, Friendship ring, Square dance, Icy nights, Joined at the heart, Time 4 tea, Star of Bethlehem, Octagon with squares and long diamonds, Octagon square and church windows, Church windows, Church windows diamond square and octagons, Coffins and rhomboids, clamshells, six point star, Brick pile, Chevron Block, Octagon with rectangles and six point star combined with tumbling blocks.

Im aiming to do one a month the first one should be up tommorrow starting easiest first and then working our way through to the hardest, I will also let you know what templates you need for the following month, for anyone who has trouble getting hold of the templates please PM me.

Im using fabric from my stash, since i have no idea what this  is going to turn out like so a learning experience for everyone.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:59 AM

Frances:
I have a plan.

This sounds like a lot of fun! Frances thank you for your planning and ideas and bringing this together.  Looking forward to tomorrow! 

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,843
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:06 AM

Frances,  you go girl, I anxiously await our first assignment.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 7:56 AM

Will this involve different size hexagon templates for each block?  Do you have copyright free patterns that you can share with us, or do we need to order a pattern?  As you can see, I'm thinking about joining in on this project.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:23 AM

Nancy,

This first block is using hexagons, but not all the blocks use hexagons but i will make sure everyone gets the template that they need, no extra cost involved. For the first block i have used the 1 inch hexagons from the Hexagon Quilt along blog you can just print these out free, they are on the Left hand side border part way down the page.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 5 of 29 (426 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use