rated by 0 users
This post has 471 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:24 AM

I found this about the hexie globe quilt:

"I’ve been following the blog of a Romanian quilter, Geta Grama, who has designed a hexagon quilt that looks like a 3-D globe lifting off the surface of the quilt.  I heard one of her large quilts was going to be here at Houston, and I looked for it.  I was not disappointed!

This is a totally flat quilt.

This is a totally flat quilt.

She sells this pattern through her website. I think I want to make one!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,962
Points 384,022
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:45 PM

Donna B:
Thanks Kris.  I wonder where Frances is?  Haven't seen her post in several days...

Frances is off on yet another holiday.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 11:56 PM

Kris:

Donna B:
Thanks Kris.  I wonder where Frances is?  Haven't seen her post in several days...

Frances is off on yet another holiday.

Well gee whiz,  I'm retired and I don't get that many holidays...ROFLOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,564
Points 48,805
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:08 AM

Donna,

I love the quilt its great but i think a bit too technical for me.

Can i just point out that this holiday wasnt technically a holiday the caravan site we had been staying at was closing down, so the caravan had to be moved to a new site and since i dont tow i had to find a nice man to do it for me.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:51 AM

Frances:
Can i just point out that this holiday wasnt technically a holiday the caravan site we had been staying at was closing down, so the caravan had to be moved to a new site and since i dont tow i had to find a nice man to do it for me.

Frances, LOL...We have our hands full "buttoning down" for winter too!  DH tore his hamstring about 10 days ago, so he is not in very good shape for doing much...so guess who most of it is falling to.  We have snow forecast for tomorrow, so today is my last chance to be sure all the tools, etc are under-cover before they get covered with the snow.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:54 AM

Frances:
I love the quilt its great but i think a bit too technical for me.

Francis, being a novice with EPP...why do you say this this might be too technical for you?  I was willing to jump in with both feet (I love the design) as the pieces looked fairly large and not too complicated (IMHO).  Please educate me!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,564
Points 48,805
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 1:14 PM

Donna i think its just me but i have a feeling to make the 3d work the colours have to be just right, and my colour sense is crap, so mine would be more than likely be a sphere with a black hole through the centre. In reality no EPP is difficult personally i find small pieces more of a pain in the butt, but Kris is great with small pieces and Curves i find a bit of a challenge but thats more to do with the fact im fairly new at curves, once i get to grips with them i should be fine.

I think its more to do with if you fall in love with a design it doesnt matter if its simple or difficult you will always be determined to do it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,962
Points 384,022
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 1:22 PM

Frances:
I think its more to do with if you fall in love with a design it doesnt matter if its simple or difficult you will always be determined to do it.

I agree Frances. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,564
Points 48,805
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 1:37 PM

I found this Blog, there are lots of EPP projects being done thought you might like to see them http://backdoorquilts-teri.blogspot.co.uk/

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,962
Points 384,022
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 5:52 PM

Thanks Frances. I see lots of "Patchwork of the Crosses". That project is on my "want to do" list.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,564
Points 48,805
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:30 PM

Kris,

Thats on my list as well ever since Mel sent me the book, I wonder if Mels done any more of hers.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 10:54 AM

Kris:

Thanks Frances. I see lots of "Patchwork of the Crosses". That project is on my "want to do" list.

Frances, I noticed the same thing...lots of POTC blocks.  It's on my "to do" list also.  Hope that is more in my capability range that the 3D sphere - I'm awful with color choices too.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,737
Points 419,854
gini replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:04 PM

http://www.sewmolliesue.com/2013/08/be-hexie-queen-blog-hop.html

this is very cool

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,564
Points 48,805
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:52 PM

Gini,

Thanks for the link, I love the star on the top of the tree, may be i could do this for next Christmas.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:11 AM

Frances:

Gini,

Thanks for the link, I love the star on the top of the tree, may be i could do this for next Christmas.

lots of love

Francesxx

Gini, thanks for the link.  That is a fabulous star!  And I also like the tree idea...simple, but effective.

Frances, do you know how to make an origami star like that with fabric?  If so, would you please post instructions for all of us!  (I tried googling it and found a similar one for paper, but it didn't look like it would work well for fabric.  But, maybe...)

Winthrop, WA

Page 24 of 32 (472 items) «Prev2223242526Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use