This post has 71 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 1:42 AM

Debbie (Dainty):
Just finished the Weasley Suitcase. :) 

Very cute Debbie. I like the fabric in the case and that middle book. Great block.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 12:49 PM

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 2:06 PM

And here is block 18. :) Needed a easy block to do today.  My kitty is in the hospital... he broke his jaw fighting with (possium, raccoon, fox, groundhog, bever or coyote.) :(  Vet wired it but not sure if he will be able eat.

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Debbie,

Both of your blocks look wonderful!  Love that green and black pattern in the bag block, and the snakeskin is SO KOOL! Love the kitty pattern, too!

So sorry to hear about your cat being injured.  Hope the wiring will fix the break. That is a difficult area for break.  Is he able to open his mouth at all?  If he is, try mashing moist cat food up with a bit of chicken broth.  Our 19 year old has lots of trouble eating due to tooth loss and sore mouth from kidney failure issues. I get a good quality canned food, puree it in the blender with broth until it is a medium thick paste (Yeah, I know...uck!!) But she is able to half-lap/half drink it. It has made it possible to keep her weight up even with her problems.  There are also canned foods that the vets around here prescribe for  cats with eating problems. I think they are made by Hills. Extra vitamins and calories, etc, in a pureed moist base. But it's about $6 a can.  I'll have your kitty in my thoughts!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 6:32 PM

Debbie,

sorry to hear about your poor cat. Hope he recovers quickly.

I love your fabrics in block 18. Very nice.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 5:34 AM

Thank you Max. The kitty pattern book has a snake on it too. Was planning this block for awhile now. lol :) I got the green and black out of the scrap bin at the LQS, Discovered that they sell for 15 cents a inch. Got some cool small fabric pieces for the books from that.

He (Jet) is not home from the vets yet. They kept him over night. She said the break was in the front side near his canine tooth... not a dislocation in the back. She wired it the best she could to keep it in place as it heals. And he will be on pain killers for awhile. He may not realize he is broke then and will eat on his own. I will pick him up about 11 am today. Thanks for the info on the food, I may have to do that if he won't eat. And I will post an update on how he is later on.

Debbie

MaxNTopeka:

Debbie,

Both of your blocks look wonderful!  Love that green and black pattern in the bag block, and the snakeskin is SO KOOL! Love the kitty pattern, too!

So sorry to hear about your cat being injured.  Hope the wiring will fix the break. That is a difficult area for break.  Is he able to open his mouth at all?  If he is, try mashing moist cat food up with a bit of chicken broth.  Our 19 year old has lots of trouble eating due to tooth loss and sore mouth from kidney failure issues. I get a good quality canned food, puree it in the blender with broth until it is a medium thick paste (Yeah, I know...uck!!) But she is able to half-lap/half drink it. It has made it possible to keep her weight up even with her problems.  There are also canned foods that the vets around here prescribe for  cats with eating problems. I think they are made by Hills. Extra vitamins and calories, etc, in a pureed moist base. But it's about $6 a can.  I'll have your kitty in my thoughts!

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 5:36 AM

Kris.

Thank you.

Debbie

Kris:

Debbie,

sorry to hear about your poor cat. Hope he recovers quickly.

I love your fabrics in block 18. Very nice.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 10:52 AM

Oh Debbie, I hope kitty will be OK.  I can't imagine trying to feed the darling.  I am more of a dog lover than cat lover, but my grandkitty has come to live with me and has stolen my heart. 

All you guys are making me want to move Harry Potter up on my "to do" order.   I love all of it!

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 11:48 AM

Siento tanto lo de su gatito es mi animal favorito de siempre los amo y siempre tuve en casa hasta que mi hija tubo alergia en los ojos y ya no pude tenerlos más.   Espero que pongas noticias pronto de su recuperación. De que libro de gatos hablabas parece que me perdí de algo. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 2:32 PM

Thanks all for the well wish's for my cat, He is doing ok. Ate some wet food and drank water on his own. Been sleeping alot too but I think that is good for him. Its day 3 now so everyday is better for him.

He actually wanted to go outside today. That was fun talking him out of that. lol

Beautiful day here today so I enjoyed the outdoors. Maybe get back to quilting tomorrow.

Deb

Jan:

Oh Debbie, I hope kitty will be OK.  I can't imagine trying to feed the darling.  I am more of a dog lover than cat lover, but my grandkitty has come to live with me and has stolen my heart. 

All you guys are making me want to move Harry Potter up on my "to do" order.   I love all of it!

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:19 AM

Debbie,

That is wonderful! So glad to hear he is eating, drinking, and wanting to go outside. Sounds like it will just be a matter of him having the time to heal now. Sleeping is the best thing of all for him to do right now. Sending him good thoughts for continued improvement.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:30 PM

Debbie,

it's good to hear kitty is doing well. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,355
Ninette replied on Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:22 AM

Vamos a seguir pensando en su mejor estado debes subir una foto anterior para que la veamos así y mandemos buena energía.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 4:37 PM

I rearranged my books on the shelf.  The orange one with the broom will be the one Ron loaned to Harry about his favorite Quidditch team.  Remember everything in Ron's room was orange LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:04 PM

Very cool Dara. I like your take on it.

Page 4 of 5 (72 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use