Harry Potter Pod Blocks 7, 8 & 9

rated by 0 users
This post has 51 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:23 PM

Thanks Judy, Kris and Robin! I am so glad to get back to the group and catch up!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:25 PM

Marque and Max, I love love love your blocks! Talk about fabric envy!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Joy,

I guess it's a case of the other person's stash always looks better than our own!  I really like that swirley yellow book and the flames!  And I looked all over trying to find a wavy stripe like your book pages.  Your blocks really look good!  Glad you're back to PP with us. 

Max

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260

MaxNTopeka:

Joy,

I guess it's a case of the other person's stash always looks better than our own!  I really like that swirley yellow book and the flames!  And I looked all over trying to find a wavy stripe like your book pages.  Your blocks really look good!  Glad you're back to PP with us. 

Max

I will second that...I look at everyone's blocks and fabrics and just love them...than I look at mine and want to make them over....won't happen but that thought is there. Maybe we can all visit each other and swap fabric?????

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:28 PM

MaxNTopeka:

oops! Sorry!

Great blocks Max.  I especially love your cat and leaf fabrics!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:30 PM

Marque :

Okie Dokie....so glad that I had been working ahead a bit before getting sick. Here are my blocks, 7,8, & 9.

Fantastic fabrics Marque!   I love what you have done.  So cool the way the sand is layered in the time turner.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:33 PM

Joy:

I've been working hard to catch up the last few days. Its so nice to be paper piecing again! Here are my completed blocks 7, 8, 9.  For some reason block 9's pictures didn't come out that well.

WTG Joy! Love your blocks.  I feel so far behind everyone.  I haven't even started my blocks yet but I did get them printed.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:38 PM

Marque :

MaxNTopeka:

Joy,

Max

I will second that...I look at everyone's blocks and fabrics and just love them...than I look at mine and want to make them over....won't happen but that thought is there. Maybe we can all visit each other and swap fabric?????

Me too!  I look at everyone's blocks and think good grief, I need to buy more fabric. Hubby would be shocked!  He thinks I have too much already. LOL  Not that I let that stop me.  I've been on the look out for 'page' fabric but I've yet to find it around here.  My DD & I are going to the quilt show in Columbus, OH next month.  Maybe I can find some goodies there. :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Dara,

Hopefully a helpful hint: I found my 'book pages' in a striped fabric.  The section I used for pages was one line of the stripes.  So when  you're looking, remember to look at sections or pieces of the overall fabric.

Max

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, May 4 2012 5:40 PM

Thanks for the tip Max!  I'll definitely keep it in mind.  I do have one fat quarter with wavy stripes.  It is shades of blue, and I will probably use some of it, but I'd like some variety.  I'm also thinking about some of the books I've seen with gilded pages.  I'm sure I'll come up with something. :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260
Marque replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:23 PM

Joy:

Marque and Max, I love love love your blocks! Talk about fabric envy!

Thanks Joy...isn't this a great project???? And yes the fabric envy is running rampart.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260
Marque replied on Fri, May 4 2012 10:28 PM

Thanks Dara...I am loving this project and this group!

Max, I am such a green lover...I really like your green books...sooooo pretty.

Joy, I never thought of using my stripes for pages....great idea.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, May 19 2012 7:43 PM

Block 7

Block 8

I still need to do block # 9. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sun, May 20 2012 2:14 AM

Very nice Dara Beth. I love your time turner. Great fabric selection.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, May 20 2012 11:58 AM

Finally got these done.  :)  The snitch was a hard block for me... took three days. Getting the angle for the lines to run straight on the books. But it was worth the time. :) Please with the way they turned out. (Think I took the picture of block 6,8 and 9.) lol

Deb

Page 2 of 4 (52 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use