Harry Potter PoD Blocks 4 & 12

rated by 0 users
This post has 151 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,888
Points 142,150

MaxNTopeka:
Hope you're not disappointed, Judy!  Here's my attempt at Week 12.

Max Max Max. Disappointed?? Good grief woman, I just love what you did in place of the lightening bolt.

Isn't it just too bad we can't all have a Harry Potter retreat to work on our blocks someplace mid-country? Or even, a ROAD TRIP! That's it, pack my stuff and hit the road.

Let's see, Washington to Kansas and up to.......

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:07 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Here's my attempt at Week 12.

Nice work on both blocks Max. I like your book on broom care. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:10 PM

Gini

Wow you have been a busy little beaver.  Love your blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:12 PM

Max

These are fantastic.  Love the broom and the glasses look great to me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:46 PM

max, great job

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260

Gini...do you ever sleep? Your blocks look great...I love all the different fabrics you are using, they give the quilt great interest.

How on earth did you get block 15 done? I have been trying for 3 days to put the book together and am getting no where. I am pretty good at paper piecing but this has me stumped. I can't seem to get the pieces to fit. I may substitute something for it if I don't get it put together tomorrow.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260

Aren't you just the clever one Judy. I like the crest and the idea od doing the embroidery of the different houses.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 147
Points 3,260

Very cool Max. I love the broom book...how cute is that????/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:24 PM

marque, no i don't sleep much.  my babies are out of school this week and their mom;'s have them, so i have had the week free to sew.   i have three blocks to go.   i'm putting scabbers on a book and substituting him for the cauldron.  i can't see a hot cauldron on a bookcase,  but then i have a lit candle on them.  witchery must keep everything form burning.     i have some wood grain for the bookcase and i'm thinking about putting a dragon on each side on the top.   this is for a 10 year old.   he'll like the dragons.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy,

A Rolling Retreat sounds good! We could get one of those big tour buses and hit the road. Think of all the LQS!  We'd have to go to Maine...can't forget to pick up our leader, Kris!

I was really hoping you had some ideas on the quilting. I'm blank.  I don't FMQ yet. Only do what I can do with a walking foot.  It's kind of intimidating to me to even think about it at this point!

You might brouse through some antique European Cabinets and bookshelves online.  They might give you some ideas to start from. I'm not crazy about the 'castle' type frame for this project I saw on Fandom.  I am thinking 'bookcase', but would like something to dress it up a little bit. Simple, but nicer than plain brown border.

Actually, I thought you might be planning on a big MC on the back, with dragons and sea creatures, and stars and moons, around the MC.  Make the back as nice as the front. 

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Nana--  Look close and you'll see the glasses are 'broke' (not lined up right) on the nose piece. I'm thinking black perm. marker!  But thank you for your compliments!

Gini--  Thank you!  I like your idea of dragons on top of the shelves.  My old 'kid' keeps asking if I'm going to do a dragon.  I told him to feel free to start one of his own and I'll add it in.

Marque--Thank you!  Hang in there with the Monster Book of Monsters.  I'm teaching the cat new words she hasn't heard before. For some stupid reason I decided to use a directional patterned material. How stupid was that?!?

Kris--Thank you!   Question:  Have you seen any other PoD quilts quilted?  Wondering how others may have done their quilts. 

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!

Max

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,194
Points 69,395
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:28 AM

Hey Everyone,

Wow I've got to get busy today if I'm going to be finished with this before it's a memory in everyone else's life.  

Max:   I love the the fabric you used in your glasses and your broom book is terrific.

Gini:   I think the dragon is a great idea.  Also I like the idea of scabers instead of the caldron.   He is such an important part of the the second book.  I can't believe he's not already on there.   Are you creating that block yourself.

Judy T:  Thanks for posting your formula for expanding the size of a 5" block.  I'll have to study it and try it because their were a couple things I would like to add to this quilt that is not there but are on other sites but not at the right size.   Like Doby the house elf.

I hope you will all have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quilting and family.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:36 AM

Robin,  the re are a lot of extra blocks on the site, you have to poke around a bit to find them.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,194
Points 69,395
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:43 PM

Thanks for that information Gini

I really appreciate it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 6:33 PM

MaxNTopeka:
A Rolling Retreat sounds good! We could get one of those big tour buses and hit the road. Think of all the LQS!  We'd have to go to Maine...can't forget to pick up our leader, Kris!

That would be too cool. QCA bus trip.

Page 5 of 11 (152 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.