Harry Potter PoD Blocks 4 & 12

rated by 0 users
This post has 151 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Oh, I've got 'fabric envy' so bad!  I'm ashamed of myself!!  Everyone is using such neat fabric for their blocks.  I've made a couple of attempts at Harry's glasses. I'm just not happy with them, so I'll try again tomorrow. Or I'll play with something else and come back to them later.  I'll see how I'm feeling about them in the morning.

Marque--The fang looks great. And I love the bright colors you are using!  Your glasses look really good.

Zsofia--Love love love your fabric choices.  Hedwig looks wonderful. I bet she looks so cool in the dark!

Judy T--Really like the way you did Riddle's diary and the fang. Looks so much better than an unidentifiable object on the shelf.  I realize some of these things are hard to depict, but you shouldn't have to explain 'what' something is, either.

Barbara--I'm with you on the lightening bolt.  Harry was so embarassed about the mark and kept it covered as much as possible I don't think he'd put in out on display.

Question:  I keep looking at the Monster Book of Monsters.  What is all the white area? The red is the mouth, and I understand the teeth. But I'm just not understanding the white space.

Think I'll sew some scraps together tonight and just relax.  Harry's glasses have been giving me fits. Time to walk away for awhile.

Max

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:14 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Question:  I keep looking at the Monster Book of Monsters.  What is all the white area? The red is the mouth, and I understand the teeth. But I'm just not understanding the white space.

All the white is teeth/pages of the book. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:17 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

For week 12, I used the Riddle diary and Basilisk 5" block from the fandom stitches site and enlarged it 160%. This evening I will do some book titles embroidery. The background is the same in both these blocks, just different lighting makes one look different.

Excellent Judy. I like this representation of Riddle's diary better than the one for the PoD. Nice work on both blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:30 PM

Zsofia, your blocks are wonderful ,and some amazing fabric, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Thanks Kris. I enjoyed this block. I've started reading the first Harry Potter book. Now I know what a Muggle is!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:34 PM

Judy , awesome blocks ,yours looks so real ,i feel i can pick up the books and start reading them.. BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:31 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks Kris. I enjoyed this block. I've started reading the first Harry Potter book. Now I know what a Muggle is!

LOL. You're well on your way.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Well. DUH!! 

Okay, Kris! I felt you smack me on the back of the head...Pages.  In a book.  Who would have thought of pages in a book!  Makes much more sense to me now.  THANK YOU!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:48 PM

ROFLOL Max.

We all have our moments.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 7:36 PM

Zsofia, Your blocks are great! 

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 7:39 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

For week 12, I used the Riddle diary and Basilisk 5" block from the fandom stitches site and enlarged it 160%. This evening I will do some book titles embroidery. The background is the same in both these blocks, just different lighting makes one look different.

Judy your blocks are so cool.  It is going to be a terrific quilt!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,095
Joy replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:42 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
For week 12, I used the Riddle diary and Basilisk 5" block from the fandom stitches site and enlarged it 160%.

Judy your blocks are amazing! I want to exchange a few of the blocks, or at least part of them, for the Fandom Stitches ones but not sure on the enlargement. How did you come up with 160%? Is there a formula?

Joy

Mooresville, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 1:43 AM

i finished the two bocks with the hat after i snapped this picture.  i keep thinking this is going to get easier,   not so far.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 5:35 AM

Zsofia,

You do such neat work.   I'm always impressed with how well your pieces fit together.

Judy T,

Love the Riddle book.    Thanks for sharing the percentage you enlarged it.  I may have to add that one to my quilt.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 5:37 AM

Gini,

I love your quilt.  You have such a great eye for color and your work is  always so well put together.  It may not be easy but you make it look easy.  Great job.

Robin

Page 3 of 11 (152 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use