Harry Potter PoD Blocks 1 & 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 12:07 AM

Judy ,nice job , they look great .I just about have the first one finished . i'll post them when I get them both finished. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Question:

When you have your block all sewn together, and it is measuring 10 1/2 X 10 1/2 inches, do you leave all the paper on until you finish all the blocks? Or do your remove the paper as you finish each block?

Only other PP block I've done was just one block, so I'm not sure what to do when there's more than one block to a project.

Thanks!  I feel like I've been all day on the first block, but it has really only been six hours!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 1:42 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Here's my first two Harry Potter Blocks.

Well done Judy. I like the pedestal under your crystal ball. WTG.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 1:45 AM

Max,

Yes, the paper stays in. You still have seam lines around the edges, and yes, after you sew the different parts of each block together it should measure 10.5 inches square.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 2:43 AM

OOPS I have already taken my paper off . Is this gonna mess me up .I have just done the two.  Here are my first two blocks .I think they came out pretty good ,My pestal is just alittle off center but ,I 'm not gonna change it .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:02 AM

Very Nice Babara.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:08 AM

This is my first two blocks.  I obviously haven't sewn them together yet.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 9:50 AM

Thanks Robin ,and yours are great as well. I have not put mine together yet either. I wasw not sure we were suppose to . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Kris--Thank you for answering my question.  But I have one more: Should we sew blocks 1 & 2 together now?  Or, leave them as separate blocks until all the blocks are completed?   (Can you tell I've never done this before?? LOL!)  Your blocks look so nice.  Are ours supposed to look that good, also? 

Judy--I like the material you used for the base of the crystal ball.  My imagination brain cell was asleep when I picked mine, but I am not going to redo that block!

Barbara--Love your background material. Your book colors are going to pop against it. 

Robin--Nice!  I like your crystal ball base, too! 

Hope to have pics of mine up today.  Can't get up/down the basement stairs today to do laundry, so I have a good excuse to sit and sew!

Max

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:39 AM

Thanks Max ,Are you getting this lousy weather in Topeka as well ,heck its snowing here.. My poor old knees and hands are screaming at me this morning .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 12:33 PM

Everyone's blocks are so pretty.   I haven't gotten to these yet other than auditioning some background fabrics.  But I am making the first MC block and will have it finished this afternoon.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Barbara,

Yes!  We woke to a 'slight chance of rain...oops'. They missed that forecast completely!  The snow and rain has cleared off now and we have beautiful blue skies, but the wind is starting to pick up again. I'm staying close to the heating pad and wrapped up like it's 40 below outside. My joints are giving me fits!

Block 2 went much better than Block 1. Yesterday I was ready to say "Forget this!"  I realized when I looked at the pictures this morning that my placement of the books around the crystal ball are incorrect.  But the block is 10 1/2", so it should fit with the rest of them. I'm not going to change them now. I did pay better attention when putting Block 2 together.  This working bassackwards is confusing! 

Here is pic of #1 and #2. They are not yet sewn together.  Are we supposed to post our pictures under "Media", also?  Max

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Duh!   I just noticed the redish brown book looks like two books.  It really is just one piece of material.  The pattern in the fabric makes it look like two books.  It is amazing what you don't see when you're working on the block that you can see it a picture.

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 1:38 PM

Love the fabric that you used for the globe.  Gail

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Mar 2 2012 1:51 PM

Max, great fabrics, that's a bonus that you got 2 red books!

I wouldn't sew them together yet, I think I would wait till they were all made. Your shelves don't have to be in the same order as the original quilt, you may want to move your blocks around to help balance color, etc at the end.

Page 2 of 15 (217 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use