Harry Potter PoD Blocks 1 & 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:21 PM

Judy and Max, your blocks are fantastic.  Love the creativity you both have used in doing these.  Wonderful.!

Pat A. in KY

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500
Max. I've used the Transfer Ez on other projects without problems. And,yes, I have removed the paper from the back before doing the embroidery. Thanks for the heads up. Just to be on the safe side I think I'll do a test as I'm using a different printer with this project.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:39 AM

MaxNTopeka:
Or maybe it is just my printer ink that runs when it gets wet.  Was a stupid surprise to me. Thank goodness it was a block that isn't going to go into my HP POD quilt, and I can removed the stained fabric with just one seam.

It's not just your printer Max. Ink will run when wet. That's one reason not to use steam when pressing your pieces with the paper on.

I've used transfer ez and I haven't had a problem with the running ink staining the fabric.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:01 PM

I'm finally getting caught up.  Finished HP blocks 1 and 2.  Can catch a breather before the next batch but on the other hand since I have company coming the 2nd week in April and I have house cleaning to do, maybe I'll get a start on blocks 3 & 4.   Granddaughters, oh and also DS and DIL, are  coming.  Haven't seen them since last April.

Do I take the paper off now or wait until I sew them together?

Pat A. ini KY

• Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500

Pat A:

I'm finally getting caught up.  Finished HP blocks 1 and 2.  .......Do I take the paper off now or wait until I sew them together?

Pat,  your fabrics are great, especially the globe. It looks so mystical!  I'm taking my backing paper off after I complete each block. The thought of removing all that paper off 30 blocks all at once just about boggles my brain. I hope I'm not making a mistake. Also, I'm embroidering titles on some of the books and dont' want to embroider through the paper.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,865
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:49 PM

Wow!  You guys have been busy!

I love the blocks I'm seeing.  Debbie, Zsofia, Judy and Pat, you have definitely inspired me to go ahead and work on blocks 3 and 4 tomorrow.     Max I love your titles and the idea of using the permanent pen.

I'm so impressed with all of the blocks in this link.   Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:17 PM

Great fabric for the globe.  Taking paper off is a personal thing, but a good tv show helps the process be more fun.  A good pair of tweezers also helps!  Gail in now chilly NH

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Pat,

Really like your blocks. The crystal ball is wonderful...in fact I think I see the Stag in the ball right now!  Good job!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:12 PM

pat, great globe

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:53 PM

NIce work Pat. I like your fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:05 AM

Pat ,beautiful blocks I love the globe fabric. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:35 AM

Pat A:

I'm finally getting caught up.  Finished HP blocks 1 and 2.  Can catch a breather before the next batch but on the other hand since I have company coming the 2nd week in April and I have house cleaning to do, maybe I'll get a start on blocks 3 & 4.   Granddaughters, oh and also DS and DIL, are  coming.  Haven't seen them since last April.

Do I take the paper off now or wait until I sew them together?

Pat A. ini KY

Hi Pat.  Wonderful job.  Your fabrics are great, especially the globe.

I have left most of my paper on.  I feel comfortable taking it off of the sections that are not on the edges. I've left the rest on to prevent stretching.  Since this is my first paper piecing project, I'm probably not the best to be giving advice. LOL  just passing on what I have done. ;-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:51 AM

Thanks everyone.,  Appreciate your kind comments.  The globe did turn out fairly well, didn't it.  Batiks are great for stuff like that.  I think I will take paper off and put titles on the books as well.  Great idea.    Maybe my granddauthers could help with that.  Hmmmm   Now where is my embrodiery floss and needles?

Pat A. in KY 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,865
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:53 AM

Pat,

I've read several people's post that said leave the paper on, that's what I did on my first PP quilt.  But this is only my second. 

I love your globe.  It seems some realistic. 

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:07 PM

First block and gave freezer paper circle making a try.  Easier than I thought it would be and I like how it turned out all swirly.  Neat fabric find.

• Post Points: 35
Page 14 of 15 (217 items) «Prev1112131415Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use