Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645
Thanks Barbara. I don't know what I'll do with a Harry Potter quilt but the project looked like so much fun.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645
Barbara, you asked which layout we may use. The more I look at the samples, the more I prefer the one without the sides on the blocks. But we have lots of time to decide and flexibility to change it to suit ourselves.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Judy--I like the new background fabric you choose. It looks really nice in your new blocks.

Barbara, I'm thinking about using layout #1.  I like the wide shelves look in it better than the boxy look of #2.  Looks more like bookshelves to me.

I haven't found the Carol Doaks paper in any of the local stores. I did get a package of June Tailor paper at JoAnns today. It goes thru the printer nicely, but it sure feels sturdy. I'm wondering how it will tear off the blocks. Has anyone had experience with it?

I'm still looking for fabric for the owl.  I have some great fabric for a dragon, but I don't think it will work well for an owl.

Max

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645
Max. Check out white Batiks for the owl. That's what I'm going to use.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

MaxNTopeka:
I have some great fabric for a dragon

Max, what dragon? I've looked all over the picture and don't see a dragon.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:08 PM

Hi Max,  Having been a quilt shop owner, I was always glad to order what a customer was looking for from my wholesaler.  You might try that.  Gail

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:27 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
As suggested, I'm not going to sew the blocks together until they are all completed. I can't wait to do the Owl block as I have the perfect fabric for that little fellow. Kris, will you chop off my hands if I cheat and do it ahead?

Yes I will Judy. LOL

Of course not. Go right ahead. Post photos in media then in the corresponding thread when we get to it. I know some of us will be able to work ahead while others won't. It's all good.

I like your new blocks. Pretty background fabric. I'm glad you kept the fabric under the crystal ball. I really like that one and the starry book.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:35 PM

OK Judy,

Here's what we'll do. Hedwig (the owl) will be block three and I'll put one of the easier blocks with it as block four.

The only two blocks that must go to together are 21 and 22.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645
Kris, thank you, you didnt have to do that. You are a true lady! Kind and wise.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 295

Mom did it!!!!   Her first blocks.  Only minor errors.

she can't wait till next month already.   She won't let me start mine until I finish my science fair project.  Boo Hoo  :(

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 9:25 PM

Cat Lovers

Great blocks.   Love the "crystal" ball.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 9:28 PM

cat lovers:

she can't wait till next month already.   She won't let me start mine until I finish my science fair project.  Boo Hoo  :(

Very nice Cat Lover 1. Your blocks look great. I really like the books on the far left and the crystal ball - wow nice choice.  See you tomorrow.

Cat Lover 2 hurry up with the science project. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 9:28 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Kris, thank you, you didnt have to do that. You are a true lady! Kind and wise.

LOL Judy. You're welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 10:37 PM

cat lovers:

Ladies ,I think it looks good. I love the crystal ball .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Kris--Thank you for moving Hedwig up! Now I'll have a good excuse to go to the LQS...and you won't have to lop off Judy's hands!

Judy--I hadn't thought about using batiks. I have a several whites and pale gray batiks. I'll check them out before I go shopping.  Sorry for the confusion...there isn't a dragon in the HP POD.  I just have some fabric that would be perfect for a dragon. I've had it for years and I keep looking for a place to use it.  It's green and scaly looking so it won't work for an owl.

Gail--I'd hate to special order just a fat quarter, but since I do use a fair amount of white/silvery gray batiks I would order some yardage if I can't find 'the one'. Good idea!

Catlover 1 & 2--good job on the blocks! I like the crystal ball, and love that next to last book on the right. You can almost hear that book humming.  Hurry and get that science fair project done!

Max

• Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 37 (545 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use