Harry Potter Paper Piecing Project of Doom: General Chat

rated by 0 users
This post has 544 Replies | 21 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 295

hello we're back and no we did not disappear from the face of the earth we just took a small quilting break. 

this is the smaller cat lover who's typing this right now because I'm very happy I JUST FINISHED BLOCKS 1 AND 2 THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to re print the skinny book with the diagonal strips at least 3 times uggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i thought that the crystal ball was going to be much harder than it was and i was on the last piece and i almost had to start over.

i will take a pick as soon as i post this and post it after. i am just about to print block 3 pattern I'm signing off for now.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Cat lovers. Great blocks. I like the purple crystal ball.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Smaller Cat Lover,

You have used some really pretty fabrics!  I love the book with the purple squares. And the crystal ball is awesome!  Have fun, and we will watch for more blocks from you.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 12:50 AM

cat lovers:
this is the smaller cat lover who's typing this right now because I'm very happy I JUST FINISHED BLOCKS 1 AND 2 THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your blocks look really good. Your mom told me you got them done and I was anxious to see them. Well done.

I love the colours you're using. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,982
Points 64,180
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 1:20 PM

Cat Lovers,

Love the blocks.  I take it this is a group effort???

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:51 PM

Cat Lovers....Very cool crystal ball. And I love the bright bg fabric. :)

Glad you joined us. :)

Deb

cat lovers:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 8:17 PM

Robin:

Cat Lovers,

Love the blocks.  I take it this is a group effort???

Robin

Robin,

they are a mother daughter team. They're each making a quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,982
Points 64,180
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 7:47 AM

Wow!  That's so cool.  The most my DD wants is a little imput and the finish project.   What a terrific experience for you both.   I wish you many happy stitching moments.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 12:22 AM

max, thanks for the great link

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:39 AM

Hello All - just wanted to post my backing fabric for the quilt. I found it on eBay (and didn't cost an arm and a leg :) LOL)... My 6 year old will be thrilled

It's a panel kit and I will have to add a 3rd border to make it to the right size. Now I just have to finish a few blocks.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Zsofia:

Hello All - just wanted to post my backing fabric for the quilt. I found it on eBay (and didn't cost an arm and a leg :) LOL)... My 6 year old will be thrilled

It's a panel kit and I will have to add a 3rd border to make it to the right size. Now I just have to finish a few blocks.

Zsofia

This is fantastic. How wonderful your quilt will be.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Gini,

You're most welcome...love to share neat places.

Do you ever visit the blog for The Nifty Stitcher?  Her June 1 post has a wall hanging that is so cute, darling, adorable, different, striking it almost makes me want to start appliquing again!  If you get a chance: http://rhianontaylor.blogspot.com/    and its the wall hanging of geckos.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Zsofia,

That panel will be beautiful on the back of your quilt.  Your blocks have such beautiful bold colors and patterns you need a dramatic back to balance the quilt. Great choice!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:00 AM

Zsofia:

Nice find. This would look great as backing.

I had the same panel I made a quilt then gave it away here on QCA when we had "The Big UFO Giveaway". 

Page 30 of 37 (545 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use