rated by 0 users
This post has 250 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:11 PM

Welcome Marj,

it's good to have you with us. Please share some of your projects.

We are just starting Jinny Beyer's Moon Glow quilt and we are in different stages of the "Harry Potter Project of Doom" and a "Compass Collection" BOM (the compasses will be taken down soon).

Links can be found in "Pages".

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:07 AM

Good Morning Group,  

I am just starting to get involved with Paper Piecing. I have been quilting for several years now, have been on this website QCA for about 8 months and looking at a few other groups to join.  I love this site and how everyone helps each other so much.  Have met a few new friends that live close and we just did our first Shop Hop this past weekend.  Now I would like to learn paper piecing.  Have only done one or two practice pieces, I've printed out several free patterns online, but not made anything yet.  Thought if I joined this group, I would get excited about the process and learn something new.  Yeah!! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:13 PM

Hi Michelle,

welcome to our group. We have a few projects going on (look in pages for links). Frances should be getting us going with some English Paper Piecing as well.

I you have questions we have answers.

I was hoping to do some shop hopping myself but it wasn't to be.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,235

I have been on board since November 2012, but haven't showed up since this site became more active.  I registered for QCA as MMargaret, but on the Christmas blog, I seem to be just Margaret.  I am a retured OR RN and am in my 70's.  We have been married almost 50 years, have 5 children, 9 grandsons and 1- 8 mo old granddaughter.  I have been paper piecing for a long time, I was doing a Halloween scene during 9/11, and I have been EPP for about 3 years.  My latest learning is felting.  Haven't found many practical uses for this, but will continue to look.  I made a hexagon EPP shopping bag for my son, and tumbling blocks.

54491-108-D9D475212DA8F7C1E066ACCEB194BCE1

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

Hi Margaret and welcome. I also like paper piecing. You will find lots of company here. I'm trying to work on a paper piecing project of Washington and Oregon coastal scenes. It's slow going. I seem to keep putting it on the back burner for other projects.

I hope you post some photos of your projects in the media section and/or your gallery. 

I haven't done any felting but I have used purchased felted wool for appliques. I love working with it. I made a large Christmas tree skirt and used felted wool for the appliques. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, May 4 2013 2:09 AM

Welcome Margaret.

I'm a paper piecing fan but don't enjoy English paper piecing. I'm sewing along with the EPP project though.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395

Margaret, I'm also a retired RN, ICU and loving this site as well as all the help we receive on the site from such wonderful people. Just going to try this EPP, so I can take with me when traveling in the RV with husband.  Welcome!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:39 AM

Hi, I am Debby. Living in Central NY.  I did the last Mystery Quilt - never completely finished, but almost there - so I know how nice the folks are on these boards.

I am still learning to be better at it but love paper piecing.   I would like to learn how to better use my fabric.  I feel I waste a lot of material when I make the blocks up.

Currently I am working on Whims and Fancies & Trillium Designs Doctor Who Along.  I am going to make 2 of the quilts and have the Tardis both done and one Time Lord.  They are time consuming, but the end results are great. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

fzytwo:
I am still learning to be better at it but love paper piecing.   I would like to learn how to better use my fabric.  I feel I waste a lot of material when I make the blocks up.

Debby, welcome. Don't feel alone. I also waste so much fabric when paper piecing. I'll look forward to seeing pictures of the quilts you're currently working on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 8:11 PM

Welcome Debby.

For simpler patterns I measure the shapes then cut my fabric a bit bigger for each shape. Other times I cut strips with the widest measurement. If using scraps I use what ever fits.

fzytwo:
 Currently I am working on Whims and Fancies & Trillium Designs Doctor Who Along.

I've been looking at this but will not be making it. I would love to see yours.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Hi,

My name is Marcia, a retired French teacher, now living in Southern Maine.  I love to paper piece - I think I like the challenge of it.  I have many of Carol Doak's books and CDs, as well as several others.   I look forward to learning from others in  this group.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 10:21 PM

Welcome Marcia. I'm in Southern Maine as well.

We have a few projects going. Take a look around and ask questions. Someone will have the answer.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

Hi Marcia. Welcome to our group. Kris has posted quite a few patterns and there are lots of pictures and comments in the group area as well as in our own individual galleries.

Would love to see some of the quilts you've made.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:34 AM

Hi Debby,

I'm SO glad you mentioned your Doctor Who quilt.  I hadn't stumbled on it and I'm really tempted to jump in as a diversion from Harry Potter.  The block designs are gorgeous.  Please share some pictures of your blocks!

Jen

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 340
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:51 PM

I am a quilter of about 4 years.  Love to learn new techniques, tools, designs.  Not much of a repeater, so got to keep the different things going.  I dabbled in paper piecing with an easy Judy Neimeier pattern and would like to learn more.  Loved the way the finish looked, good solid points, accurate and made me slow down to appreciate each color added.

Can't wait to work with you all.

Kathy

Kathy

Page 16 of 17 (251 items) «Prev1314151617Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use