EPP Sampler Block 10 Dodson's Block

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,892
Kris Posted: Thu, Jan 9 2014 9:53 PM

Please use this thread for block 10 of the Sampler. Please share photos, tips, tricks and frustrations.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 7:56 AM

Okay Girls my apologies for this one taking so long my little braincell had problems getting my head together.

This one is called Dodsons block after a Gardener called Harry Dodson who appeared on a programme called Victorian Flower Garden and this was a victorian bedding design that he dug out this one.

so here we go take one large piece of paper and one compass, a good stiff one you dont want it moving all on its own take a measurement of 5 inches and draw a cirlcle like this

then still using your 5 inch measurement put your point on the rim and move your comass from one side to the other side

then move your point of the compass onto the start of the curve on the rim and draw again

keep on going round all the points

Then measure 4 inches and draw another circle so you now have an outer circle and an inner circle.

Then measure 1 inch and draw a circle

Then cut your pieces out baste to the fabric i found it easiest to join the sections to the outer rim first .

Then i joined the bits to the middle circle

Then when all done take out the basting stitches press really well take out papers pin really well to your background fabric and Applique your design to the background fabric.

Any questions just ask.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,892
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 12:50 AM

I love this Frances. Nice tutorial.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 11:31 PM

Thanks Kris,

I must be on a roll i already know what the next two are going to be the next one will be Spiders Web and the one after if i can find a decent picture hot air balloons.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,892
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 12:18 AM

Sounds good Frances. I got pieces ready for Dodson's block. Hopefully I can get some sewing done later today.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use