EPP Sampler Block Five; Dresden Plate

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris Posted: Mon, Jul 22 2013 6:03 PM

Please use this thread for block five of the Sampler. Please share photos, tips, tricks and frustrations.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:43 PM

For this one you will need http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/colonial_revival/dresden-pattern.htm this template is not intended for EPP but can be used for it i printed out the page 8 times as the template only shows 1 of each petal and the circle.

I basted through the papers on this one i found it easier.

I found sewing one piece to the circle and then sew the next piece to the circle and then to the segment the easiest way (at least for me)

So there you go all finished! have funxx

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:51 PM

Hi all! :)

Well, here is my block.... and as I am looking at Frances' pictures I see I should have attached each "petal" to the center circle... which I did not and when it came time to put it there the opening was kinda big :)  as I read later on the web they do 'stretch' if they are not anchored to the center. oops  :)   well I like how it turned out 

Hope everyone is well and having a good summer and time to do a little quilting:)

Sandy

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 3:06 AM

Sandy,

I love it its beautiful, and if i had to do another one i would do it your way, it was a bit tricky to say the least.

I love your colours it really makes it sing.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Sandy:

Hi all! :)

Well, here is my block.... and as I am looking at Frances' pictures I see I should have attached each "petal" to the center circle... which I did not and when it came time to put it there the opening was kinda big :)  as I read later on the web they do 'stretch' if they are not anchored to the center. oops  :)   well I like how it turned out 

Hope everyone is well and having a good summer and time to do a little quilting:)

Sandy

Sandy, I love it!  Very pretty!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 11:08 PM

Sandy:
Well, here is my block....

I like your block Sandy.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use