Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:30 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:

Frances:

Mel,

I love it, it looks great. (I didnt know there was a book for the Patchwork of the Crosses i think i will have to get that).

lots of love

Francesxx

I have an extra one for you!

Mel,

You are a sweetie, looks like weve found another project (as if we needed another one)

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:33 PM

Barbara:

Oh Mel ,Kris and Frances, I did order this Crosses book or pattern y'all have been talking about and got the free program to download ,Now all I have to do is figure out just what the heck its all about. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have some time to do this .. The Cross are awesome and I want to do them , mel we need a sew date to get together , when are you gonna be home form your mom's .. You need to call me Monday .. not gonna be home tonight ,going to a singles dinner tonight for church .. this should be intresting .. LOL  Y'all know I just got Baptised and became a member of the Mormon church . I'm loving it , I'm learning so very much and have such wonderful members in my ward .  I look foward to going every week  .. this is a very busy groupof people andthey keep me hopping right along with them .   Barbara.

Barbara,

Its good to know you are keeping out of trouble :-))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 12:52 AM

Barbara:
Oh Mel ,Kris and Frances, I did order this Crosses book or pattern y'all have been talking about and got the free program to download

I haven't purchased it yet but it's on my list of things I'll probably never get done. LOL.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:10 AM

Barbara,

I meant to congratulate you on your baptism. While we are not LDS participants, when we were in Las Vegas we lived among many Mormon's.  They always were kind and fun loving.  Lots of time spend taking all the kids to the park and hiking by Lake Mead.  Hope you had a great time last night.

Jan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:05 PM

Oh dear....  Frances, Ok I pretty much am a dependable and follow through kinda girl... but I tell you these small hexagons are proving to be difficult for me :(   I am not sure why really,  i am taking my time but the stitching really isn't up to my personal standards and :(    

so, I guess either I start again, or like you suggested make it with larger hexagons and not make four diamonds.  

unless you have some suggestions for working on this small scale?   I am very near sighted and with my glasses I find it hard to see and without them I have holding it so close to my face  hahaha  

Any way, everyones are looking nice and I KNOW how hard they are to work with!!! so way to go everyone!!  

Sandy 

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:25 PM

Sandy,

I am so sorry, I think the only one of us who finds these small hexies no problem is probably Kris (she likes working with small scale projects) Sandy make life easier on yourself and make a big diamond there is no problem with that and it will look just as stunning.  I dont have any suggestions for working on a small scale i just do the same as i do for big ones (the next block is a proper sized block with no itty bits. This sampler is a learning curve for me as well as everyone else finding out whats easy whats not.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:59 AM

Sandy ,If you are having real Problems  send me you fabric and I'lldo them for you .the 1/2 in ones .. I enjoy doing them  Just let me know .. I can PM  my addy to you  or I think any of these gals may already have it .   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 12:03 PM

I got my book ,what a wonderful book and Linda is such sweet person..It is gonna be awhile before I get to start it as I have so many other projects in front of it  .but I'm looking forward to it .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:40 PM

Barbara,

I went ahead and ordered one but, like you, won't be starting any time soon...maybe. LOL Linda really is wonderful. She is very prompt with returning emails and she has a fabulous sense of humour.

Did you get just the book or did you get the Inklingo shapes too? Frances' next block is going to use those elongated hexagons.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:33 AM

Jan thanks ,I just now saw this myself   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:36 AM

Kris ,at this time I just have the book ,but I did order the first free chapters for inklingo ,I just have not really had a chance to sit down and study everything . So I'll get back with you on that . LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:23 AM

It looks like you have found another group project....:-))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:32 AM

Frances I'd say we do , but lets get this one closer to being finished up first .  I have enough projects going on .. LOL  Maybe we can start  the crosses ones later in the year . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:43 PM

Barbara,

I dont mean here and now i meant a bit later although it would give Mel something to do to keep her out of trouble, and boy does she need keeping out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:50 PM

Barbara:

Frances I'd say we do , but lets get this one closer to being finished up first .  I have enough projects going on .. LOL  Maybe we can start  the crosses ones later in the year . Barbara

That could be next year's project if anyone is still interested then.

Page 3 of 5 (67 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use