rated by 0 users
This post has 66 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:28 PM

Mel,

I love it, it looks great. (I didnt know there was a book for the Patchwork of the Crosses i think i will have to get that).

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Frances:

Mel,

I love it, it looks great. (I didnt know there was a book for the Patchwork of the Crosses i think i will have to get that).

lots of love

Francesxx

I have an extra one for you!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:39 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:
Here is my Block three.

It's beautiful Melody. I like your fabrics.

MelodyP MO/KS:
I received the book Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses!

Woo hoo. Looking forward to your POTC blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:06 AM

Mel you block three is beautiful , I may change mine to a lighter color the black and red is just to dark .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Woo hoo. Looking forward to your POTC blocks.

Thank you Kris  That will be a while.  I have to figure out Inkling first.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Thanks.  I really thought the black and red was gorgeous!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:36 AM

Melody,

Inklingo isn't difficult. Linda has excellent tutorials and tips on her YouTube channel and on her blog. The Inklingo Yahoo group is also a great source. There are many Inklingoists, myself included, out there.

Of course you don't have to use Inklingo if you don't like it. You can get papers for the elongated hexagons if you prefer EPP.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Kris, I have gone to the Inklingo site and would love to take advantage of all the templates but in order to do you have to order something for the first time and then you have access.  I want the Jane Aye Book but will have to wait.  I am so pumped and want to do it now.!!!!!!!!!  lol 

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:51 PM

Melody,

there's a free collection to download to see if you like the program. I'm not aware of needing to purchase first. This page has some free items and info for beginners. 

I have the Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts DVD. Linda gives a hand sewing lesson and there are templates to print.

Right now I'm sloooowly working on a pickle dish double wedding ring. At my current rate it will take 10 years to finish. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 8,740
Jan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:45 AM

Melody,

That Field of Diamonds is absolutely beautiful.  I think I am a little partial to that color palate too.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

there's a free collection to download to see if you like the program. I'm not aware of needing to purchase first. This page has some free items and info for beginners. 

I have the Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts DVD. Linda gives a hand sewing lesson and there are templates to print.

Right now I'm sloooowly working on a pickle dish double wedding ring. At my current rate it will take 10 years to finish. LOL

Kris,  OOOOOOOOO  I'm heading there now.  I did try to fussy cut a center, 4 hexies, but have decided without the printed guides it is slow go.

thank you!!!!!!!!!

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Thanks Jan,  This color palette is the most comfortable for me to work with.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Kris, Pickle Dish and Dbl Wedding ring are on my to list, not exactly together.  lol  It will probable take me 10yrs to work up to it!  :-}

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:01 PM

Oh Mel ,Kris and Frances, I did order this Crosses book or pattern y'all have been talking about and got the free program to download ,Now all I have to do is figure out just what the heck its all about. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have some time to do this .. The Cross are awesome and I want to do them , mel we need a sew date to get together , when are you gonna be home form your mom's .. You need to call me Monday .. not gonna be home tonight ,going to a singles dinner tonight for church .. this should be intresting .. LOL  Y'all know I just got Baptised and became a member of the Mormon church . I'm loving it , I'm learning so very much and have such wonderful members in my ward .  I look foward to going every week  .. this is a very busy groupof people andthey keep me hopping right along with them .   Barbara.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Barbara,  I will call ya tomorrow.  It's been toooooooo long!

Love Mel

MelodyP

Page 2 of 5 (67 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use