EPP Sampler Block Two, Tumbling Blocks

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:29 PM

Erin, I have been there myself, BUt I'll just bet yours still look good.  I got my patterns printed but haven't worked on them yet ,I been working on the big GFG wall hanging I working on, almost have all the center flowers sewn together,then I have to do is attach it to the background ,and do the border and it will be finished.  .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:44 PM

Erin:
Oh my gosh...that's a tiny tumbling block Kris! lol  Very nice work too.

Thanks Erin. I like working on a small scale.

I bet your blocks aren't as bad as you think.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:10 PM

OK...here is my BOM #2---tumbling blocks...  Hand pieced and attached by machine with a zig zag stitch.  My hands are cramping up so badly that I could barely machine sew!!    The yellow and red one is the second I made; the first one was too wonky!  I prefer the fabrics in the green/orange floral but alas, it didn't float. Attaching a pic of it too so you can see I wasn't being to hard on myself..it did indeed suck...LOL

#2---final

First one I made...we will call it stumbling blocks instead of tumbling..LOL

Off to work on something else and wait for EPP BOM #3!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:40 PM

Erin ,I like the both . ,I think you did a great job on both of them. I st ill trying to pick out fabric. LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Erin, great job, so pretty!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:59 PM

Barbara---you should recognize 4 of the 6 fabrics I used :)

Barbara:

Erin ,I like the both . ,I think you did a great job on both of them. I st ill trying to pick out fabric. LOL   Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Wed, May 1 2013 6:42 PM

You can tell where I was at the end of the block, the stitches are showing through!  My fingers were cramping and drawing up (charlie horses...yuck!)  Today I have just cleaned up my sewing room and organized the fabrics again...I am quite messy!! lol.  Instead of using the dishwasher I hand washed dinner dishes because the hot water helps sooth the achy hands and joints. Hoping tomorrow to get some sewing done. Gotta get ready to watch my show...TTFN

Barbara:

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 1 2013 7:31 PM

Erin:

Barbara---you should recognize 4 of the 6 fabrics I used :)

Barbara:

Erin , I do , glad they  were put to good use, ,I'm sure I still have some of the same sitting in bags of scraps ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:47 PM

Erin,

Youve done a wonderful job, they both look good and i love the colours i think the top picture pops better.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Wed, May 1 2013 11:38 PM

Erin:
OK...here is my BOM #2---tumbling blocks...  

Erin,

your blocks are lovely. Nicely done. You're right, the second one (your first) is wonky, but you didn't lose the "tumbling blocks" effect. I do like the green and orange as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:11 PM

HI  all, I got my blocks done today ,now I just need to anchor them to the background fabric.  Sorry for the lousy picture.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:15 PM

Barbara,

I love it, I think your quilts going to look stunning. was this block as difficult as you thought it was?

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:24 PM

Frances ,no it was really easy . I had no problems with the y seam doing it by hand.  the fabric doesn't show well in this  picture but the fabric is purple and black . I'll try and get a better photo tomorrow .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Fri, May 3 2013 1:18 AM

Nice work Barbara. I really like your fabrics.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Fri, May 3 2013 5:22 AM

Good job Barbara. They are a lot easier than they look huh?  I enjoy these small hand pieced projects; thanks again Frances.   I have Cupcake for the weekend AND Saturday we are going to have a yard sale, should be interesting!  Hoping to make enough money for a trip to the Nelsonville Quilt Company; they have almost 3000 bolts of fabric.....I'm really looking forward to visiting their shop! 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 2 of 6 (88 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use