rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 10:00 AM

Donna,

Its wonderful you have done a great job, I love the colours.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 11:15 PM

Frances, thank you so much!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:21 PM

i have been catching up on posts today, you are all doing lovely work.  somewhere i posted a tutorial on GFG when i was doing mine.  i need to get back to them, maybe this will motivate me to get started again.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Oh Gini, are we going to do EPP now?  I have two started, GFG and Lucy Boston. I'm a gluton for punishment. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:42 PM

maggie, i have about a hundred little flowers sitting in a box.  anoher project i thought i would like to do but didn't calculate my time.  so one day i was sitting in the car timing how long it took me to make each seven piece flower.  13 minutes if sam didn't distract me.  then i roughly totaled how many of these i would need. took that times the 13 minutes,  calculated how old i was and how much reasonable time i had left in my hands.   i figured out i might finish it when i'm 92, and then i wouldn't be able to work on another quilt for how many years????   32.    so my hundred little flowers are sitting all forlorn in a box by my bed.  there might even be a couple hundred there.  aren't they sweet?

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:44 PM

nope, i did a quick count, closer to 500

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:58 PM

i should not admit this, because i was very ambitious before i did my calculations, and this will embarrass me a bit.  but i have thousands of little squares of fabric all cut and divvied up into their little 7 square groups.  and yes, that thousand has an 's' after it.  then i have many thousands of little squares not divvied up.    i was contemplating, briefly, very briefly i confess, that they might make good scraps for the postage stamp quilts some of the ladies are making.   i am still working this out in my head and need to make up a sample.   they aren't perfectly square, but perhaps they would make a nice wonky postage stamp quilt.  i could do that on a machine.   my poor aunty was committed  last week for observation,   i'm thinking i need to ask her to scooch over a bit in her bed and we can be crazies together.

and before you call me out on calling my aunty crazy and being insensitive,   she refers to herself as my crazy aunt, she owns her craziness, and  i love her to pieces.   she is my most favorite person in the world and she knows this.  i wish i could make her all better and she knows this, too. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:44 PM

Gini,

I love you lots, but what made you work out how much time it would take, I never do that, if i did that i would never start anything. However i havent finished hardly anything so now you know why :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:38 PM

frances, we were in the car on a long trip and sam never shuts up.   i do not know where all his opinions spring from or how there are so many that he can talk for hours and never get tired of hearing himself go on and on and on and oddly enough he doesn't repeat himself.  there's this infinite source of stuff in his head.  i liken it to an exploding volcano that just keeps blasting away. ....................so my mind wanders. ( he has gotten to recognize when my nodding is me going to sleep and not agreeing with him.) and it starts pondering. i don't have nearly as many idea resources as sam so i ponder quilts.   i wondered  if i could get this quilt done i n a year or two working on it part time.  and now you know the rest of the story.    how i ended up with a box of EPP flowers and not enough time to make a quilt from them.

they will probably go on a border to some quilt that needs little flowers.  and some lucky relative will get a wonky postage stamp quilt if that works out. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:41 PM

i will have to be very selective in giving out this future wonky quilt.  some of my rels think i am wonky enough and are afraid  of it rubbing off. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Gini, I just love you....too funny!  You have Sam and I have Roger. Hahaha. They seem to "discuss" their opinions in the same manner. I wonder what would happen if we put them in a car together and sent them on a long trip?  Although, if you pause too long, Roger will repeat himself for fear you didn't hear his opinion the first time.  ROTFL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 5:44 PM

The only time  Sam repeats himself is when he has drunk too much, then he gets in a closed loop.   That hasn't happened in decades thank goodness.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

My one and only try at EPP.  Block #1  This for me is very time consuming, but of course I made extra work too!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 7:56 PM

I love your block Patty Mc.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 11:59 PM

Patty, you did a beautiful job!

Winthrop, WA

Page 13 of 14 (199 items) «Prev1011121314Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use