rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:35 AM

Bev :
Frances and Barbara, I did find that using copy paper worked better for me than card stock so thanks for the tip

What am I missing here?  I printed my hexi's on card stock, should I not be using card stock? 

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:01 AM

Marie, card stock is fine, I am using both just to see which one works better. Some others are using card stock just fine. When using card stock I was told by LQS to use a hole punch to punch hole in middle to make it easier to remove when you need to. I am going to try some made out of those cards you get in magazines, etc. which are a little thinner than the card stock I had but are thicker than copy paper. This is all a learning experience.

Sorry to make you wonder.

from TN

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:05 AM

Marie Honey,

Some people use card stock fine, for me however i find it too stiff to work with so i use copy paper its flexible, so makes it easier when sewing them together, remember the words of wisdom are being stiff is not always a good thing :-))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:19 PM

Good afternoon all.  I like to use card stock because copy paper doesn't give me sharp corners.  Maybe I am too rough, I don't know, but that is what just works for me.  It SUCKS to cut them out, but I can reuse them several times (on small projects).  When I start to put together one of the patterns in the book I bought I may try freezer paper, we will see. 

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:05 PM

Here are my three flowers sewn together. I have yet to add the background. Hopefully on the weekend I'll get back to it.

• Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,147
Points 15,705
Erin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 2:17 PM

Love your fabrics Kris! The colors are great.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Kris, love your flowers.  Especially love the pretty paws in the right bottom corner!!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 3:14 PM

Kris ,looks great ,I love the fabirc you used as well , NIce change from the rest of us using florals.. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:02 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:
Kris, love your flowers.  Especially love the pretty paws in the right bottom corner!!

Thanks Melody. No matter what I did to shoo her away Orca kept trying to get in the picture. This is the best of the lot.

Erin:

Love your fabrics Kris! The colors are great.

Barbara:

Kris ,looks great ,I love the fabirc you used as well , NIce change from the rest of us using florals.. 

Thanks ladies. These are fabrics left over from the wall hanging I made for my friend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:22 PM

Frances:

Marie Honey,

Some people use card stock fine, for me however i find it too stiff to work with so i use copy paper its flexible, so makes it easier when sewing them together, remember the words of wisdom are being stiff is not always a good thing :-))

lots of love

Francesxx

I'll try them both to see which I like the best.  As for the second half or your sentence, what ezactly do you mean??? :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:25 PM

Kris, nice fabrics, I need to choose mine soon.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:53 PM

Kris,

Your hexagons are great, obviously orca likes EPP as well.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:56 PM

Marie:

Frances:

Marie Honey,

lots of love

Francesxx

I'll try them both to see which I like the best.  As for the second half or your sentence, what ezactly do you mean??? :  )

Honey, Well when you work in the garden and your backs stiff, its not a good thing, believe me i know!!!!

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:53 AM

Maire I used card stock to make one ,then I traced the rest on copy paper.  but if you go to the site Frances gave us ,they have one you can copy and make a lot at one time ,you just have to cut them out.  Connecting Threads  have hex's  real cheap ,I got two sizes , 1 in and 1 1/2 in s they are a little stiffer then copy paper and can be reused  a few times.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 10:51 AM

I love seeing everyones work!  I guess we see personality  coming out :)   

So.... Frances.... :)  what templates do we need for next month?  I would love to get those ready for the next block.  Does it show I'm a little excited with this project?  and also I have a long car drive ahead of me tomorrow we are heading out of town for 4 whole days!  woooo hoooo!

Sandy

Page 5 of 14 (199 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use