English Paper Piecing General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 375 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:45 PM

The CD that came with our welcome package does not have printables on it. It was just an introduction to the program. There is a free collection on the Inklingo website for those who want to try it. 

You purchase the collections you want to use. I buy the ones that have shapes I can use in more than one project. You need to have Adobe Reader to open the files.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:46 PM

Jacy:

Kris:
We usually do Bonnie's mysteries in the swap group

You mean scrap group.

Yep. I was hurrying at work when I typed that.

Nana has opened a thread for the new mystery project.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:48 PM

Donna B:
Wow, did we get an Inklingo cd with our first QCA package?  I didn't remember that!  I will have to see if I can find it!  I probably still have it...somewhere...lol!

Donna if you joined QCA when it first started you probably have one. THis was before the chatting etc when the welcome packages were filled with goodies and samples.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:34 AM

OK Kris, in baby language, explain to me what I have to do to understand what Inklingo is all about and how to use it.  I'm very interested but don't know what it's all about?

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 10:17 AM

Max, I love your GFG block and look forward to seeing the finished lap quilt.

Have a good day...

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:13 AM

Marie if you go to Linda Franz website it will explain everything you need to know. You can download the first chapter of the Inklingo handbook and try a free collection. Inklingo shapes come in a secure PDF that you read with Adobe Reader. You need a password to read the file.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 12:13 PM

Marie,

As Kris said, Linda Franz's website will explain the Inklingo process. Even I could understand it!!  There is lots of information there so I gave myself plenty of time to read through it before I made any purchases.  There are even some free shapes to get you started so you can see if you like it.   I had some questions about saving the files on my computer, and some printer issues. I contacted Linda by email and she answered me back within an hour. Then followed up with me in a couple of days to be sure everything was working.  I've ordered some things that had to be mailed to me and I had them 2 days later.  Her Customer Service can't be beat!

Donna,

I would be interested in doing Bonnie's mystery quilt using Inklingo.  I read this morning that Linda Franz will be releasing a collection of shapes that are needed for this Mystery Quilt on the day the MQ begins...Nov 29th I think. (Please don't hold me to the date...I'm working from memory!)  The collection will be at a special reduced price while Bonnie's MQ runs.  I've been halfway thinking about the colors already!  And I got an email my LQS is having a big sale!  (DRAT! What bad timing! )  My only problem will be keeping up with the MQ schedule because by the start date DH and I will be hip-deep in our kitchen remodel.  I just about have everything out of the old cabinets and deconstruction should start soon.  But I am thinking DH can't be too big of a slavedriver....surely I will get a few hours a day off that I can sit and stitch.  And I have learned if you nod off while hand stitching inklingo pieces the worst that happens is you drop the needle!  

Kris,

Do you think you'll stay with the colors Bonnie is suggesting?  Or go off on another direction?   I'm thinking about staying pretty close to what she suggested.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 12:52 PM

Bev,

Thank you!   As  you can see from this picture it will be awhile before this GFG will even be completed top!  This is where I am at from April 1 to Oct 23, 2013:

I still have to attach the red/pink ring of flowers to the purples. I want to add one more ring of blues/greens, then fill in the corners with plain white and some flutterbys to make it square-ish.  Hopefully, about 55 inches square.  Using 1 inch hexies it is slow going!  I was concerned at first that I'd be able to tell where I stopped using the traditional EPP method and started using the Inklingo method...but I can't!  

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:23 PM

Kris:

Marie if you go to Linda Franz website it will explain everything you need to know. You can download the first chapter of the Inklingo handbook and try a free collection. Inklingo shapes come in a secure PDF that you read with Adobe Reader. You need a password to read the file.

Thanks Kris,I spent the afternoon on her website, finally figured out how to download and now I'm confused on how to do the actual printing on the fabric.  Need to stop and go back tomorrow to see if I can make any sense of it all.  TIRED BRAIN SYNDROME!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 4:45 PM

MaxNTopeka:

Kris,

Do you think you'll stay with the colors Bonnie is suggesting?  Or go off on another direction?  

I like what she's chosen but I usually do my own thing. I haven't made a final decision yet.

I like your GFG a lot. My hexagon ambition is still in a bin. I'm collecting for the "Insanity" quilt (10,000 half inch hexies).

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 4:49 PM

Marie:
Thanks Kris,I spent the afternoon on her website, finally figured out how to download and now I'm confused on how to do the actual printing on the fabric.  Need to stop and go back tomorrow to see if I can make any sense of it all.  TIRED BRAIN SYNDROME!

Marie,

You iron freezer paper to the right side of your fabric, put it in the printer as you would paper and print on the wrong side of the fabric. The preview window will give you an idea of how many shapes will print. You can cut custom sizes (Linda gives suggestions) to print more or less. 

The details are in the first chapter of the handbook (free on the site). If you have specific questions I'll try to answer them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:52 AM

Max,

Youre GFG is truly beautiful, wonderful work.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 11:28 AM

Frances,  I saw this posted on Facebook from the Quilt Festival in Houston and thought of you.  I knew you would want to see it:

Isn't it amazing how the person elongated her hexi's to create the sphere effect?  At least I think that is what she did...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,852
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:18 PM

That's a gorgeous hexagon quilt Donna. Thanks for sharing.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:12 AM

Kris:

That's a gorgeous hexagon quilt Donna. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Kris.  I wonder where Frances is?  Haven't seen her post in several days...

Do you have any thoughts on how the designer may have created this pattern?  It's such a neat idea!  The only thing I can think of is using a program (corel draw?)  to "stretch" the partial hexies around the edges of the globe.  OR, (light-bulb moment) maybe someone has a graphic hexigon globe somewhere on the internet!  Going from that, coloring in the hexies and using the them as templates would get you started.  Hmmm  Just thinking here...probably not in my near future...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Page 23 of 26 (376 items) «Prev2122232425Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use