rated by 0 users
This post has 393 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:48 PM

Mel,

The book arrived yesterday and its fabulous (Lucy Boston patchwork of the crosses) you are a wonderful friend, now i think ive got enough fabric in my stash to start this one.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Francis, I have been playing with the blocks.  I am still in awe at how fabric can look so different depending on where you cut out the template.  It's  great fun!

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:37 PM

Just checking in.... I am working on a "traveling quilt"  while we are on our trips this summer..... what is everyone else working on?

Sandy

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 5:14 AM

Sandy you want the list....

In order of priority,

Block for EPP quilt (2 keep mel quiet)

2nd block for EPP quilt (because i will be away on and off for 3 weeks)

Cross stitch snakes and ladders board for my Secret Santa

Fantasy flowers Applique quilt

Wildflowers Applique quilt

Country cottages Applique ( although this one doesnt grab me so it might get dropped at least for a while)

Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas Applique quilt

and my 2 other EPP quilts, not much as you can see, oh well it saves me getting bored.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 8:42 AM

For those who didnt see it on my facebook page

http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.co.uk/ this site has a hexagon epp quilt with some wonderful quilting on (I love the spiders web)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:09 PM

Frances:

Sandy you want the list....

In order of priority,

Block for EPP quilt (2 keep mel quiet)

2nd block for EPP quilt (because i will be away on and off for 3 weeks)

Cross stitch snakes and ladders board for my Secret Santa

Fantasy flowers Applique quilt

Wildflowers Applique quilt

Country cottages Applique ( although this one doesnt grab me so it might get dropped at least for a while)

Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas Applique quilt

and my 2 other EPP quilts, not much as you can see, oh well it saves me getting bored.

lots of love

Francesxx

Wow.. you are a busy girl!  While we are away like this I made myself leave my sewing machine at home :)  But I do have a baby quilt to make by August 17th for a shower and my daughter and I just picked out the fabric the day before we left on this trip :)  We will be home sunday but leaving again on Saturday for 10 days to go to the Redwoods in California .... sooooo  :) but it is small I think it will be 44 by 58 so Im sure it will be finished in time :)   I don't like dead lines like this, and I am getting a late start because my daughter did not like my fabric choices LOL  this is for her sister in law .   

So this is my first star in my "Traveling quilt"  I used a fabric marker to write in the place and date :)

Sandy

oh if you read it is says we are doing the "Fruit loop"  to explain.... in this valley there are a lot of orchards, farms etc.... and many have their own fruit stand with their fruit and some have crafts from local artist, canned fruit, jellies, jams etc... oh ice cream and there are a lot of wineries so you can also do tastings too... but they are all along this highway that goes in kind of a  circle so they call it the fruit loop  cute huh?  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:19 PM

Sandy,

That place sounds like my idea of heaven, and i love your block its going to be a beautiful quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

My Summer quilting activities include

EPP Block of the month. (that includes bugging Frances for the next block design)

Wildflowers applique

Cottages applique

Organizing a sewing for locally

Leading the Women's Ministry at my church

Helping care for my Mom

Stopping smoking

And enjoying it all.

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 1:22 PM

Melody,

Your summer sounds busy!!  I've been interested in getting a sewing group together. How are you doing that? Is it at your house or a center where you get together. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Michelle, this is more of a mission to make cot quilts, pillowcases, burp clothes to supply the people of this community.  I have put the word out on fb, and by word of mouth and have had a couple of desalinate and a lot of what can I do.  So will let you know about participation.  It will be held once a month at the Clubhouse that is made available for the folks that own Townhouses.  This is where my Mother lives.  The ladies at my church are also interested.  Hope that answered your question.

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Sun, Jul 21 2013 7:54 AM

Thanks Melody.  It does, it also gives me some ideas on where to get started.  I didn't think about using the clubhouse.  We have a new one here in our subdivision, but now sure how much they charge to use it. I will ask and see if that is an option to use! Thank you. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:57 PM

Hi all,

So Frances will we be getting a new block tomorrow?  :)

Snady

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:14 PM

Sandy,

No Julys block went on early because i was going on holiday and then because i knew i would be away for 3 weeks close together i did Church Windows and Dresden plate at the same time which were August and September (i think ive worked it out right if not i will have to get my butt in gear and start sewing)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:42 PM

Frances:

Sandy,

No Julys block went on early because i was going on holiday and then because i knew i would be away for 3 weeks close together i did Church Windows and Dresden plate at the same time which were August and September (i think ive worked it out right if not i will have to get my butt in gear and start sewing)

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh... ok.  Guess I am actually ahead then :)    Well, if there is anything for extra credit let me know LOL  

:)

Sandy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 2:42 AM

Okay Girls,

This is the challenge do you feel up to doing this one next month http://lilysquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/hexalong-curved-seams.html if you dont thats fine we will do another if most can do it (make the template that is ) and a couple cant i can always make extra templaates and send them to you. Please let me know it wont offend but i dont want to push anyone into something they are not comfortable with.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 50
Page 20 of 27 (394 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use