English Paper Piecing General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 375 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:09 PM

Ha! I just sat down at the computer and this message came through so I now have the diamonds printed! I'll get my fabrics picked and the diamonds cut out and put them in a ziplock ready for your instruction.  I have never done tumbling blocks so this will be a true learning experience for me!   Thanks.   :)

Frances:

Okay for those asking the next block will be Tumbling blocks, free template here http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/tumblingblock/ where it says block size you need to put in 2.00 and that will bring it out to 2 inch diamonds you will need 18 diamonds and 3 different fabrics a light, medium and dark if you dont have light medium and dark they dont tumble so well.

I plan on putting new blocks on the first of each month.

lots of love

Francesxx

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:21 PM

ERin,I've never done these also,so it will be a learning experience for both of us.  I am going to do some looking aornd to see what I can come up with for fabric for this .I'm trying to sue some of my scraps so .wish me luck..LOL    BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:33 PM

Save some scraps for me Barbara!!! lol   I will send you the money for shipping scraps when I send out the floral layer cakes next week..

I've always thought tumbling blocks were net looking but never attempted. This is why I like BOM and samplers, you get to try a lot of things without a huge commitment on one certain pattern.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:03 PM

ERin not to worry ,I have enough scraps for both of us,  I got some nice one to send you so be ready there is just all kinds of fabirc scraps for ya.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:05 PM

Erin:

I've always thought tumbling blocks were net looking but never attempted. This is why I like BOM and samplers, you get to try a lot of things without a huge commitment on one certain pattern.

Me to Erin, I never wanted to do a big one cause it lookse difficult and mind boggling trying to keep all those pieces going in the right directions..  So maybe this will help me learn how ..LOL   We can make a mess together.. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:48 PM

I made a "tumbling blocks" block for "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler". I really like this design but never made more.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:22 PM

Barbara,

It just makes me wonder how much fabric you have, to have that much in scraps:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:23 PM

Kris:

I made a "tumbling blocks" block for "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler". I really like this design but never made more.

Kris,

I like it too, although im not sure i would ever want to do a whole quilt of it.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:25 PM

Barbara:

Erin:

Me to Erin, I never wanted to do a big one cause it lookse difficult and mind boggling trying to keep all those pieces going in the right directions..  So maybe this will help me learn how ..LOL   We can make a mess together.. 

It looks way more difficult than it is, honest.

I must admit i like doing one block of things because if you find you dont like one then it is only one block not a whole quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:17 AM

Frances,  I have alot of fabric, alot, and yet my supple is not as big as some on here, believe me on that one.. I must have at least 10 bags of scraps . I don't throw anything away execpt, the pieces that are so little or the tiny scraps you cut off to square up a block. ..I also will buy bags of scraps for the quilt shops when I can  you can usually get some nice size cuts form their scraps .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:33 AM

Wow Barbara,

That sounds like the quilters equivalent of Aladdins cave.

I wonder if i rub a lamp 3 times, it will appear here.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:49 AM

Frances I can send you some if you want me to , I have enough to share, and I don't share with everyone ,,LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:14 AM

No honey, but thank you (costs more in sending than anything else).

I wonder what we are first fabricholics or patchwork holics, because i have to admit when i see a bolt of fabric i cant help but have a feel.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:37 PM

Oh Francis, I an most certainlly a fabrciholic, I don't even need a reason to buy .. I go through my BIG  totes now and then and find fabric ,I'd forgotten I'd even pruchased .. LOL   I love it ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:23 AM

Hi everyone, here is an update photo on my GFG wall  hanging I'm working on,  So far so good . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 50
Page 9 of 26 (376 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use