rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 8:30 AM

Nancy,

If ive done it right this should be the link  http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.co.uk/

Lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

This is great!  Thanks Francis

MelodyP

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:18 AM

Nancy there are some great things on this site, all kinds of free downloads , and I found a really cool web site in  New Zealand ,and signed up for their newletter.  Frances thanks so much for bringing this amazing site to our attention.  I use it all the time now for refrence ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 11:27 AM

Yes Barbara,

It does have lots of interesting bits on it as does the sister blog Great hexagon quilt along 2.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Wow! Lots of things I've never herd of and I am excited to try this.

Will you post directions in this thread or will they been in media or pages or another thread all together?

Frances:

Okay,

For everyone whos crazy enough to join me on an EPP sampler quilt, I have a plan.

25 Blocks will make up the quilt finished block size will be 12 1/2 inches so for background fabric you will need 25 pieces of fabric of at least 13".

Blocks will include the following, Tumbling blocks, Floor Tile, Inner City, Grandmothers Flower Garden, Field of Diamonds, Dresden Plate, Chrysanthumum, Pentagon Ring, Friendship ring, Square dance, Icy nights, Joined at the heart, Time 4 tea, Star of Bethlehem, Octagon with squares and long diamonds, Octagon square and church windows, Church windows, Church windows diamond square and octagons, Coffins and rhomboids, clamshells, six point star, Brick pile, Chevron Block, Octagon with rectangles and six point star combined with tumbling blocks.

Im aiming to do one a month the first one should be up tommorrow starting easiest first and then working our way through to the hardest, I will also let you know what templates you need for the following month, for anyone who has trouble getting hold of the templates please PM me.

Im using fabric from my stash, since i have no idea what this  is going to turn out like so a learning experience for everyone.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

I liked Kiwi Quilts a lot and also inkLingo.   I am having issues with opening the inkLingo PDF files but I think that is because of this new computer (I dont totally understand it yet!)

Barbara:

Nancy there are some great things on this site, all kinds of free downloads , and I found a really cool web site in  New Zealand ,and signed up for their newletter.  Frances thanks so much for bringing this amazing site to our attention.  I use it all the time now for refrence ..Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:26 PM

Erin,

Unless Kris tells me something else it will be on this thread.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:17 PM

Frances,

I can open a thread for each block and keep the general chatting here. Send me a PM and let me know what you want to name them. I accept conversation from everyone so no need for "friend" request if we're not already friends.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:22 PM

Erin:
I liked Kiwi Quilts a lot and also inkLingo.   I am having issues with opening the inkLingo PDF files but I think that is because of this new computer (I dont totally understand it yet!)

Erin,

I'm an "Inklingoist" as well. The PDF's are secure so you need a user name and password to view them. You also need to be using Adobe Reader or (Acrobat 7 or later). Make sure your files aren't being opened by another program when you click on them.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Kris after several emails to Linda and restarting my pc I was able to open the files. I really like the site and happy to have gotten the files to open!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:10 AM

That's good Erin. I'm glad you got it sorted.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:33 AM

ok ,I have to know what is and "Inklingoist)?  new work for me ,I do assume it has something to do with ink ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:45 AM

Barbara,

Inklingo comes from Linda Franz. You print your sewing lines on fabric cut then sew by machine or by hand. People who use the program are referred to as "Inklingoists".

I discovered Inklingo through QCA when they sent me a DVD. There's also a segment on QNNtv. I follow her blog. I'm working on her mystery quilt. I fell so far behind it's no longer a mystery. I'll get it done. Doing it all by hand.

She used to sell books with CDs but now most of her collections are available for download.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:50 AM

Thanks Kris ,I have to admit that was not what I expected.  I was very surprised to say the least . I may just have to check this out just to see it.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:03 AM

Kris .I even downloaded the free books to my files . WOW ,I have really been hitting the jackpot on free downloadable books lately.  thanks  for telling me again. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 6 of 28 (406 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use