English Paper Piecing General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 375 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:17 AM

For all those interested if you do a web search under the great hexagon quilt along on there blog down the left hand side you will find free templates to print for hexagons, also great to see what others are working on.

Also www.cdDesigns.com has patterns for bookmarks and some christmas tree decorations as well as pot holders and hot potato holders.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:12 PM

Sounds good Barbara, I'll let you know when I am ready. :) 

Barbara:

Erin sounds like a plan,  plan to send for a med size flat rate box. then I can send you a lot of scraps . should be around 10.00 or somewhere in that range. Barbara

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:42 PM

Frances:

Well Kris, im crap at hand piecing so i think that makes us even, yep your definately insane, ive seen some insanity quilts and yep they are, what size pieces are you going to use.

Going to use half inch hexagons.

Frances:
It looks like its going to be a group project doing a sampler quilt of different EPP shapes i had the idea yesterday (that taxed my brain so much i had to lay down) some of the girls said they were in on the idea, so it should be fun or chaos or both. Im on holiday from wednesday so i will start when i come back.

A sampler sounds like fun. I'm not even going to comment on whether or not I'll join in. LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:44 PM

Barbara:
Kris I'm doing on my by hand as well . just seems like they would be difficult to do on the machine.

Barbara,

I have a book about doing EPP by machine. Sad to say I haven't looked in it.

What I meant, though, is that I make mine without using the paper. My seam lines are drawn and pieced like regular hand piecing. No whipstitching for me. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:05 PM

Oh I see Kris ,I have order a couple of books on EPP  since this is my first attemp ,I'm  doing it now the way it was described in the pattern in GM Magazine . it not hrd just time comsuming . but I'm really enjoying it . nice to do some hand work for a change . my finger are getting use to it now and not as sore as they were the first few days i did this ,i just kept going though .. I love watching it all come together with my hand insetad of the machine.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:12 PM

Kris,

I love you lots but yes you are insane half inch hexagons, and that many, Wow im not sure whether to be in awe of you or feel your forehead to see if your running a temperature.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:53 PM

half inch??? WOW...i do 2 inch and I'll stick with them!!  You always do beautiful work Kris, can only imagine what you'll do with this!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 9:36 PM

WOW Kris I thought  1in was bad which is what I'm doing ,but 1/2 in I'll pass on that one ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 9:52 PM

Here are all my EPP blocks together, wish my picture has come out better ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:16 PM

Barbara,

Your flowers are beautiful, by the time i get back from holiday you will have them all finished.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:51 AM

oh Frances don't count on it ,I have three round robin quilts to do and two quilt to quilt the rest of this week. so they are going on the back burnner for now . I'm suppose to make seven flowers ,I'm thinking of doing a fe more .  Oh I wanted to tell you ,have a great time on your holiday, take pictrues ,we want to see  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:56 PM

user="Barbara"]

Oh I see Kris ,I have order a couple of books on EPP  since this is my first attemp ,I'm  doing it now the way it was described in the pattern in GM Magazine . it not hrd just time comsuming . but I'm really enjoying it . nice to do some hand work for a change . my finger are getting use to it now and not as sore as they were the first few days i did this ,i just kept going though .. I love watching it all come together with my hand insetad of the machine.. Barbara

Hey Barbara , what books did you order? I just received mine and one is Hexa Go-Go which has a lot of good patterns in it. I like the Over the Rainbow Quilt. The EPP book quilt I like is the one on the cover. 

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:33 PM

Bev ,I ordered the one you are showing here. I can't wait to get it. Got mine form Connecting Thread ,it was on sale

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:21 PM

Just went to  Connecting Threads to see what else they may have on EPP and if you do a search on EPP there are a few free patterns. I could not save them so just printed out a copy(right click).

Oh, Barbara again your hexagons are pretty. I am still working on my first one. You are going to love your books. There is one that I may want to do with blacks and white which is a good thing since I have already been collecting FQ's for a black and white quilt.

Looking forward to seeing your finished wall hanging I know it want me long.  

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:40 AM

Bev they had another EPP book on sale that was just small projects ,but I went ahead and got that one as well. Sorry I can't think of the name off the top of my head,but she had some really pretty tops in it.  So I'll have lots to keep me busy this summer when it gets to hot to go out.  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 26 (376 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use