English Paper Piecing General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 409 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris Posted: Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:30 PM

Do you love it? Please share some of your projects with us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:03 PM

thanks Kris , you are a sweetie ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:06 PM

I finshed up my second flower just now . I 'm doing the small wall hanging of GFG tha is is the current issue of Quiltmaker  magazine.  Her they are . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:08 PM

Kris,

Thank you so much for setting this up, it is very much appreciated.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:21 PM

Barbara,

As i said on the other thread these are lovely,

These are my ongoing projects.

Im on holiday from wednesday for a week, but when i come back i plan on doing a EPP sampler quilt, using my fabric stash, I know some of you have already shown an interest in doing this so i will start on easy ones like GFG, tumbling blocks and work up to things like clam shells, apple cores and dresden plate, hopefully should be lots of fun.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Oh, gracious Frances. These are just beautiful.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

I like your fabrics Barbara. I'm debating doing the English paper piecing.  But after doing them in one of the craftsy courses I'm not sure I have the patience.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 2:28 PM

Thanks Judy,

It keeps me out of trouble:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 2:32 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I like your fabrics Barbara. I'm debating doing the English paper piecing.  But after doing them in one of the craftsy courses I'm not sure I have the patience.

Judy,

Im not sure its patience, i dont work on them all the time, they are handy if you are on journeys, in lunch breaks or just sitting in front of the TV, the sampler quilt i plan on doing is a combination EPP but then Appliqued on to a 12 inch square, so should move along quicker than a normal EPP project.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Frances:

Thanks Judy,   It keeps me out of trouble:-)

Oh, Frances, I'm so sorry to hear that!  (ROFLOL)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Thank you Kris for the EPP discussion and to those that asked her to do it.  I do not have any new pics of my flowers but this was taken last fall.  These are the first 12 hex flowers that  I made and most of them are made from scraps that our sweet Barbara sent me when I first started quilting.

These were not sewn together, just put in the frame so i could look at them and they were protected from psycho kitty..lol  I have several more in a basket and they are all from scraps and are all different.  I'll try to get a pic up soon of progress since this picture.  You all have me excited about working on my GFG again!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:07 PM

Erin, those are so pretty and cheerful flowers. I am excited about EPP also and ordered 2 books today so I would focus on some direction instead of just flying by the seat of my pants. I have enough of what I using for practice and to start a GFG. I just want to have a project that I can use my large scraps for and do not plan to cut anymore papers until I know what size I will need for a pattern in one of the books. I am looking forward to Frances sharing with us her idea on the EPP sampler using different shapes.

BTW, I have been cutting pre-printed hexagons from the moxyideas.com website. Is there another website that you can get pre-printed hexagon shapes? This was the only one I found.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Thanks Bev. I got my template from www.badskirt.com.  I then cut a plastic template out and just drew my hexies on whatever I'd find and cut them out.  I just found a hex ruler I had never taken out of the package...hmmm!  It can make hexies from 1" to 5".  Don't even remember buying it :/    Since my last post I've been getting things in order and set up so that I have everything all together and can get to them easily and take on a rod trip too if needed.  Glad you gals are lighting a fire under me to get me going!  I also have a basket full of yo-yo's......I think I am crazy with all these UFO's (or are they works in progress???)  lol

I don't have any books yet. My goal is a GFG and after that, if I have use of my hands still...lol I will look into other hex patterns!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:09 PM

Erin I recgonize those fabrics ,LOL  nice job on  the flowers ,you can use these as a good start.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Barbara- I've used your scraps in the June scrappy quilt, the flowers, many fabric post cards, my sons wedding quilt, the block for your quilted hugs quilt and a few other things. I still have lots of them left. Every time I use them I smile! :)

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 28 (410 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use