The Compass Collection Block Nine "Compass of Many Colors"

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:57 PM

Beautiful block Patricia.  I managed to start mine but it isn't finished yet.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:59 PM

Great color combinations Barbara.  Love it!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 1:05 AM

Thanks Dara Beth

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 11:39 AM

Hi,   Hopefully I am getting back on track.  I got so far behind last summer with getting my FIL's house ready to sell.  I has been gone now since Sept and I've finished up a few things.  I did finish all of my Craftsy BOM blocks but they are not together yet.  I'm planning on doing a quilt as you go with it.  Next on my list are these Compass Blocks since I only have a few left.  Poor Harry Potter is going to have to wait a while longer but I will finish him!  Here is my Compass of Many Colors. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Ok! Well, now that I've posted the picture, I see I made a mistake on one of the segments.  Oh well, it is just gonna be that way.  These things will happen.  LOL

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,385
Points 115,345

Dara Beth:

I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Ok! Well, now that I've posted the picture, I see I made a mistake on one of the segments.  Oh well, it is just gonna be that way.  These things will happen.  LOL

Dara Beth. It's beautiful.  Just figure you made the boo boo on purpose to challenge those who see it to find it. I'm really impressed with your colors.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:46 PM

It still looks great!! Good job!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:47 PM

Dara Beth:
  Poor Harry Potter is going to have to wait a while longer but I will finish him!  Here is my Compass of Many Colors. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Gosh Dara Beth. I love it. There's no mistake. Call it creative license.

I was thinking the same thing about Harry Potter. You're ahead of me as I have not started these compasses yet. I need a few clones to get all this stuff done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:04 AM

DaraBeth ,this is just beauitful ,I love your color combo .  As to your Craftsy quilt ,we are doing the blocks In FMQ gourp if you would like to join us ,I'm doing  quilt as you go as well ,I am doing a block every other week . I have the pre printed fabic since I didn't make the blocks . I v'e only done five so far  and I have changed some of the quilt designs from what was done on the crafsty  class . Go take a looks and please join me and the others if you would like . Barbara  PS it took me a long time to even notice your creativity and if you had not said anything I would not have even noticed it .  Its not even noticable .really .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:51 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Dara Beth:

I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Dara Beth. It's beautiful.  Just figure you made the boo boo on purpose to challenge those who see it to find it. I'm really impressed with your colors.

Thanks Judy.  I think that the boo boo is 'erased' by the fact that I managed to get the middle lined up pretty well.  :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:52 PM

SoBuzy:

It still looks great!! Good job!

Thanks.   We haven't met.  Welcome.  I've been away for a while but, I'm hoping that I'm back on track now.  I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:08 PM

Kris:

Dara Beth:
  Poor Harry Potter is going to have to wait a while longer but I will finish him!  Here is my Compass of Many Colors. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Gosh Dara Beth. I love it. There's no mistake. Call it creative license.

I was thinking the same thing about Harry Potter. You're ahead of me as I have not started these compasses yet. I need a few clones to get all this stuff done.

Kris, we will just have to do Harry together.  I just couldn't keep up the pace that was being set and I had bitten off more than I could chew with too many projects.  Then with the other house it was all just too much. But, I think I'm ready to get back into it.  I know what you mean about needing "a few clones".  I been trying for years to figure out how to get some; so far no luck.  I'll let you know if I figure it out. LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:16 PM

Barbara:

DaraBeth ,this is just beauitful ,I love your color combo .  As to your Craftsy quilt ,we are doing the blocks In FMQ gourp if you would like to join us ,I'm doing  quilt as you go as well ,I am doing a block every other week . I have the pre printed fabic since I didn't make the blocks . I v'e only done five so far  and I have changed some of the quilt designs from what was done on the crafsty  class . Go take a looks and please join me and the others if you would like . Barbara  PS it took me a long time to even notice your creativity and if you had not said anything I would not have even noticed it .  Its not even noticable .really .

Thanks so much Barbara.  I will check out your FMQ group.  I certainly need all the help I can get.  I don't know if I can manage one every other week what with trying to finish these compass blocks, Harry Potter, and I really want to do Nana's mystery quilt 8.  But I will pop over and join your FMQ group and let you help me get the Craftsy quilt finished.  I've been watching the new Craftsy BOM but don't plan on working on it.  I just want to see what I can learn from the classes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:03 PM

Dara Beth:
Kris, we will just have to do Harry together.

Yes. We could do one assignment per month. I have quite a few projects in various stages and like to work on a different one from week to week to keep things interesting.

Last week I did paper piecing and hand piecing. This week I'm working on appliqué. My machine time is usually reserved for the weekends since I work and go to school.

Dara Beth:
I know what you mean about needing "a few clones".  I been trying for years to figure out how to get some; so far no luck.  I'll let you know if I figure it out. LOL

If you figure it out you'll be a rich woman.

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:57 AM

Dara Beth and Kris,

I would love to join in Harry Potter.  I just got the background fabric and am ready to go, but would love to do it with a few others.

Jan in Rochester NY

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,857
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:32 AM

Very good Jan. Would you like to start next month (this weekend)? There are threads for each assignment. I believe they are tagged. If not, adjust sorting and filtering to see past posts. Visit "Pages" to learn how.

Start anywhere you wish. The assignments contain a mix of easy and more complicated blocks.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use