Harry Potter PoD Blocks 28, 29 & 30

rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:11 PM

So I'm skipping around on these last handful of blocks and just did the cauldron.  I'm wondering if the pattern has changed since the first group ran through and did the PoD.  My cauldron has no feet (like Max's picture) and is over 10.5" wide.  I've got to recheck, but if I use as is I'll have ended up doing alot of piecing for a rounded cauldron that will get lopped off when I put the blocks together.  Eesh.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,472
Points 116,845

MNJen:
I'm wondering if the pattern has changed since the first group ran through and did the PoD.  My cauldron has no feet (like Max's picture) and is over 10.5" wide.

MNJen.  Lots of us modified the patterns in one way or the other. Max was especially good at it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 1:26 PM

Trevor was definitely a tricky block for me. It took a couple of tries and adjusting to get his right legs to line up. I'd say this is another one of those patterns it's worth taking the time to trace out to make sure all of the busted apart pattern pieces will line up right when the time comes.

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 1:35 PM

WOW!  Each block that you make is my new favorite.  What  special quilt this is going to be.

Gail

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,472
Points 116,845

MNJen:
Trevor was definitely a tricky block for me. It took a couple of tries and adjusting to get his right legs

MNJen. Great job on Trevor. I really like your colors.  Awesome! I had to redo him a couple times. I don't know if you've done, or will do, Scabbers the mouse. That rotten little bugger had a zillion teeny pieces and my Scabbers came out with one back leg hanging, well, rather suggestively. After some discussion it was decided he was jumping up on the book and hadn't put his foot all the way down yet. My hubby still looks at the quilt, which is hanging on our wall, and snickers.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,484
Points 362,187
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 2:30 PM

Nice work on Trevor Jen.

Your colours are so vibrant. Love them . 

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:18 PM

Thanks, Gail.  This is the most fun I've had with a quilt yet.  Love the chances to change it on the fly.  Are you making a PoD?

Jen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:22 PM

Judy, I remember reading a post or two about your racy Scabbers and enjoyed the chuckle!  I am indeed hoping to get the little beast in somewhere there's a space that needs a lil something.   I'm winding down and have three blocks left, so he'll be up soon.   ~Jen

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,635
Gail71 replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:49 PM

No I'm not making one, but am living vicariously thru your postings.  

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use