Harry Potter PoD Blocks 16,17 & 18

rated by 0 users
This post has 71 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:46 PM

Thanks Kris, slowly but surely I'm getting there. :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:57 PM

At least you're making them. I seem to be hopelessly stalled on these blocks.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:05 AM

That a girl, Dara!  Looks great and love the orange pop.  I can't recall orange being Ron's favorite color...will have to pop a movie in and maybe actually watch it instead of listening around the corner from the TV while I sew.  Might create better "memories" for these PoD quilts, too...to date I've been sewing and listening to *** Van ***, I Love Lucy and Opey Taylor reruns {lol}.  How's that for a time warp?  lol

Kris - pick an easy book block and revel in using your pretty fabrics.  Maybe that will give you the jump start you're looking for!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:08 AM

Well, look at that.  My post was censored.  Sorry for that.  Didn't even cross my mind.  So who was I talking about?...the extremely talented singer, dancer, comedian who played the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:06 PM

Jen,   I watched Mary Poppins just a few weeks ago. It is still a great movie. I like to 'listen' to movies while I sew.

About the orange, I think Ron's room was first mentioned as being covered in posters of his quidditch team (Chuddly Cannons, I think) early in book 4, the Goblet of Fire.  I've read & re-read the books.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:57 PM

MNJen:
.to date I've been sewing and listening to *** Van ***, I Love Lucy and Opey Taylor reruns {lol}.  How's that for a time warp?  lol

I love these shows much more than some we have today. I barely watch TV and am usually listening when DH watches.

It's funny what gets censored because of negative connotations associated with those words.

MNJen:
Kris - pick an easy book block and revel in using your pretty fabrics.  Maybe that will give you the jump start you're looking for!

Sometimes I just have what I call "false starts". I'll attempt something many times before I actually get going. Happens with books too. Hopefully I'll get it together soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Sat, May 11 2013 7:19 AM

I just had to have a dragon so the Weasley bag had to go.  Took a looong time to figure out as it was my first venture into starting from scratch.  It's not a traditional PP pattern as I had to do some fancy seams that were more pivots, not straight ones.  And I'd tweak some color choices to get better shading on the body and legs if I ever have another insane moment and decide to do this again.  It easily took 3 weeks of messing around.  Embroidery's going to finish out the eyes and nostrils.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,840
Points 123,695

MNJen. Your dragon is incredible. Goodness, I get the chills.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, May 12 2013 1:15 PM

MNJen:
I just had to have a dragon so the Weasley bag had to go.  Took a looong time to figure out as it was my first venture into starting from scratch.  It's not a traditional PP pattern as I had to do some fancy seams that were more pivots, not straight ones.  And I'd tweak some color choices to get better shading on the body and legs if I ever have another insane moment and decide to do this again.  It easily took 3 weeks of messing around.  Embroidery's going to finish out the eyes and nostrils.

I don't know what to say Jen. This is incredible. 

Great choice of fabrics and your workmanship is impeccable. This is leaps and bounds better than the Weasley bag.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,960
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:32 AM

MNJen,

Wow, your dragon is masterful.  I think you've got this paper piecing thing down.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:25 AM

Thanks Ladies!

Robin - if you saw the back of the dragon you'd see I have alot to learn yet.  It's quite the stackup of seams  :)  But I'm happy to report that the title for the book he's sitting on stitched out well.  I was pretty freaked out as I pushed the "go" button on the machine.

Jen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:21 PM

MNJen:
I was pretty freaked out as I pushed the "go" button on the machine.

I would be too. I glad it worked out.

Page 5 of 5 (72 items) Prev12345
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use