Harry Potter PoD Blocks 5, 6 & 13

rated by 0 users
This post has 109 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,560
Points 118,390

Thanks Marque. I'm almost sorry I've completed the blocks. Although they have consumed my every waking moment so it is a bit of a relief to have that part done. Also, the scraps of fabric and paper were nearly burying me! LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:00 AM

Thanks Max! I thought your monster fabric was really neat. I must look for some! Since I've started this project I've noticed that my eye catches many many different types of fabric that I never would have been attracted to before. Just another great thing coming from this group!

I used the 'furry' looking fabric for my monster because I couldn't find any other fabric in my stash that looked right.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Sun, May 6 2012 7:15 AM

Nice looking monster Books ladies.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Sun, May 13 2012 6:35 PM

Finally got them done.  

• Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 763
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sun, May 13 2012 7:49 PM

Great job Robin! I love your monster!

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Sun, May 13 2012 10:46 PM

Yay Robin. Great blocks. I'm loving your colours. Your Monster book is wonderful.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, May 13 2012 11:06 PM

Robin,

Love the colors you are using! They look great!  Your Monster is wonderful!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Mon, May 14 2012 8:11 PM

Thanks everyone!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:58 PM

Great job Robin.   Love your fabrics!  WTG!!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 3:06 PM

I finally got my Monster book done today. :) 2 blocks to go .

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Debbie,

WOnderful!!  I would not want to try to open the Monster Book...he looks fierce!   You are getting so close to finishing the blocks. Have you decided how you are going to  put them together?  Sash each block, or make them look like a bookshelf? 

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:27 AM

Nice work on the monster book Debbie. I love the fabric you chose.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 7:20 AM

Max.. its gonna be a bookshelf.. with one divider placed in different spots on each shelf. I did order some brick looking material for my border. Not sure yet on how that is gonna match up. I really wanted flag stone or slate, but have not found it yet. So the brick may have to do. And I want to work the house crests and Hogwarts crest into the border. Maybe at the top... like they are plates sitting on the top of the bookcase.

MaxNTopeka:

Debbie,

WOnderful!!  I would not want to try to open the Monster Book...he looks fierce!   You are getting so close to finishing the blocks. Have you decided how you are going to  put them together?  Sash each block, or make them look like a bookshelf? 

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Debbie,

I like your ideas for the bookcase!  It sounds wonderful!  If I see any slate or stone looking patterns as I'm prowling around online I'll let you know.  It is a hard pattern to find.  I found one I am using, in a grey, but the pattern is small...looks more like mosaic than stones.

I've got 3/4 of my bookcase done. Just the top section left to piece. It will probably take me 2 or 3 days to get it done. The darn quilt has gotten so big I have to lay it out on my 4 X 8 worktable in the basement. I can only do so many trips up/down the stairs in a day, so that is limiting progress. I really wanted to work on it last night, but my hip was not going to cooperate as I had already made 6 trips during the day.  Getting decreipt is the pits!

Max

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:54 PM

Max... Thank you. :) I saw a flag stone pattern material but it was ages ago. Was hopeing one would come out by the time I was ready to use it. lol

I am sorry your hip is not cooperating with you. Wow... your quilt is gonna be amazing!! 6 trips? Heck 6 trips up and down stairs is hard for someone without hip issues! (mee mee lol) When my hubby gets home from work I stop with the machine quilting (I have it in a sewing room) and do the hand work watching tv. This way we can see each other for awhile.

Think I am gonna work on figureing out book lettering today.  

Deb

MaxNTopeka:

Debbie,

I like your ideas for the bookcase!  It sounds wonderful!  If I see any slate or stone looking patterns as I'm prowling around online I'll let you know.  It is a hard pattern to find.  I found one I am using, in a grey, but the pattern is small...looks more like mosaic than stones.

I've got 3/4 of my bookcase done. Just the top section left to piece. It will probably take me 2 or 3 days to get it done. The darn quilt has gotten so big I have to lay it out on my 4 X 8 worktable in the basement. I can only do so many trips up/down the stairs in a day, so that is limiting progress. I really wanted to work on it last night, but my hip was not going to cooperate as I had already made 6 trips during the day.  Getting decreipt is the pits!

Max

Page 6 of 8 (110 items) «Prev45678Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use