Harry Potter PoD Blocks 4 & 12

rated by 0 users
This post has 151 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Such as he is, here is Monster book of Monsters.  I am going to have to add a little backgroud to the top, or put him on a flat book. He came out 10 x 10.  I was trying to be really careful, but I lost fabric somewhere (he probably ate it!).  But I am not going to redo the block just to fix the size.  I intentionally changed the fabric from his furry top so his lower jaw would look less hairy and more skinlike.  DH told me twice I was using the wrong fabric.  I told him when he did his monster he could make him hairy all over.  Surely the remaining blocks are easier!   Max

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,403
Points 115,630

MaxNTopeka:

Such as he is, here is Monster book of Monsters.  I am going to have to add a little backgroud to the top, or put him on a flat book. He came out 10 x 10.  I was trying to be really careful, but I lost fabric somewhere (he probably ate it!).  But I am not going to redo the block just to fix the size.  I intentionally changed the fabric from his furry top so his lower jaw would look less hairy and more skinlike.  DH told me twice I was using the wrong fabric.  I told him when he did his monster he could make him hairy all over.  Surely the remaining blocks are easier!   Max

Max. It's GREAT! I especially love those eyes.  I'm heading out to a lunch but will hit the Monster later this afternoon. It had to have been hard to get the pages directional fabric going right. Terrific job.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:40 PM

Thanks Marque.  Don't you just love that material.  We did a baby quilt at work with the red fabric and I had a few bits left over.  I've seen your fabric in the store and it is terrific. 

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:41 PM

MaxNTopeka:

Hi Max, I really like your Monster book. You did a great job!! I wouldn't worry about a the size you can always add a bit on the top and the sides:).

Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:42 PM

Thanks Max.  I think your blocks are pretty wonderful.  I wish I had more time to sew so I could catch up with you and Judy LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:44 PM

Dara Beth:

I haven't gotten to block 12 yet, but I couldn't wait to do the monster book so here are blocks 4 and 13.  I'll probably jinx myself but I think I'm catching on to this paper piecing business :-)   I've actually done a couple of blocks without any issues.  Oops! now I've done it.  I'm sure to mess up the next one LOL

Dara - nice blocks! I love the red fabric.

Zsofia

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:48 PM

Max your monster book is great.  Love the eyes!!!  One of the things that makes this project so much fun is that if something is not quite the way the designer did it, there is plenty of room to improvise by adding extra books, background fabric, etc.  The different fabric on it's back is so neat !

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:49 PM

Thanks Zsofia!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:55 PM

Dara Beth:
I haven't gotten to block 12 yet, but I couldn't wait to do the monster book so here are blocks 4 and 13. 

Nice work Dara Beth.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:58 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Such as he is, here is Monster book of Monsters.

I love it Max. Your fabric choices are fun and just right for this one. Well done.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Judy, Dara, Zsofia, and Kris--Thank you so much for your kind words!  I'm so glad the Monster is done. Think I'll look for something easy to do next . Maybe some books.

Weather is clearing off here, after a storm last night and this morning. DH said he bought a new movie to watch this evening, so I may stay out of the sewing room for a day or so. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,403
Points 115,630

Oh, Max. I'm working on Monster Book. It was going so well and I thought "Hey, this is a snap" and then I got to section F and had a major brain fart. Could not get the directional fabric for the pages going in the right direction. I don't know why it was so easy on the first few sections and I can't wrap my brain around this last one. An HOUR later I have just two teeth on section F in place.

That's OK, it'll get done, I'm just blowing off steam and then will go back to section F. It'll probably go easy now that I've fumed a bit. Maybe I need food. Maybe I need a patience gene as I seem to have been born without one of those.

I am so glad you posted those instructions. It's what I needed to tackle this block as I had intended to skip it. George keeps looking at it and saying "that's a book???" I sent him away.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Judy,

Just looked at your Monster Book in media section. He is Magnificent!   I'm SO glad you included him in your quilt.  Section F was a bit of a challenge. I know when I finished mine I felt like I could paper piece anything.     Love the fabric you used for the teacup.  It's just beautiful! 

Poor George!  Andy finally figured out he really wasn't all that welcome in the sewing room while I was working on this block. Standing  by my shoulder watching me wasn't a good idea. 

Think I'll tidy up the mess I made this last week, restack some fabric, and read for a while today. Spring allergies have arrived, and anti-histimines and sewing machines don't go together to well unless you really like frogging!

Have a wonderful Easter!

Max 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 8:33 AM

Dara Beth your blocks are awesome , you did a great job, I have been so busy trying to learn hnad turn applique ,I have not had a chance to work on any of these yet, Hopefull  I willl get some done before I leave for retreat. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 6:30 PM

Thanks Kris!

Page 7 of 11 (152 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use